Corsair Community

possible ram culprit on multiple bsod

tspmi888

need some help ( im a midlevel pc knowledge)

i got a lot of bsod past week.. basically from irq less or equal/bad memory mgt/ntfs/bad pool header..and just now bad_system_config_info.. i check in microsoft this last one and it mentioned that this is memory related

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326679

to be fair.. i have repaired/reinstalled/move winxp system install from raptor to seagate hdd.. but still the same..i disable xfi sound and use onboard, still the same..

i had this ram (twin2x4096-8500cdf g) late last year and when i put it on my current rig, the crash happened.. i got a kingston 2gb ram and the pc ran smoothly for a few months.. then i decided to put back corsair and in just 1 month..i had more than 20 bsod of diff kinds..

i have the blue screen viewer of my crash since nov 2 2009 if u want, i can send it

a. is the ram the main culprit? if so.. how can i test it and return for warranty?

dexter

• Corsair Employee

Please do not double post and post the same post in multiple threads!

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

ramguy

noted..

what i did was simple enough.. i got this friend of mine who sold me a diff brand of ram 4b 800 mhz.. and from the time i installed it sunday till now( more than 48 hours)..it hasnt bsod..

while w the corsair ram, the pc wud crash after 3 to 4 hours.. from nov 1 to 7, maybe more than 20 times..

so i guess the problem lies the memory since i didnt change anything else..

i will try to test the corsair with another pc.. but since i live in general santos city ( hometown of boxing champ manny pacquiao) in the southen phils,, im not so sure if there will be pcs like me avail for test>> ( one trip to the best computer shop here wud tell me that my rig is the best in my town).. bec i usually go to hk and singapore to get the components and have the local shop install it for me..

as for the ram.. ill safekeep it for the moment.. but i wud be glad to send it to the nearest corsair support center near philippines so u can have it checked..

dex

noted.. will try but i have no other like rigged to test it from.. since most pcs here are using 667 mhz still

btw.. nice rig u get there..

im thinking of buying a new mid-gaming laptop to replace my old ferrarri 4000 ( 2005)..

my choices are narrowed down to 2 to 3

sony vaio cw series

or msi gt640

just sharing info to u

ramguy

noted..

what i did was simple enough.. i got this friend of mine who sold me a diff brand of ram 4b 800 mhz.. and from the time i installed it sunday till now( more than 48 hours)..it hasnt bsod..

while w the corsair ram, the pc wud crash after 3 to 4 hours.. from nov 1 to 7, maybe more than 20 times..

so i guess the problem lies the memory since i didnt change anything else..

i will try to test the corsair with another pc.. but since i live in general santos city ( hometown of boxing champ manny pacquiao) in the southen phils,, im not so sure if there will be pcs like me avail for test>> ( one trip to the best computer shop here wud tell me that my rig is the best in my town).. bec i usually go to hk and singapore to get the components and have the local shop install it for me..

as for the ram.. ill safekeep it for the moment.. but i wud be glad to send it to the nearest corsair support center near philippines so u can have it checked..

dex

Have you manually set the memory voltage to 2.1v? This memory will not run on the same voltage setting as PC6400 memory.

• 3 weeks later...

yes i did set it manually at 2.1v..

also i run the memory in both 1066 and 800 mhz.. same bsod results

so far i have been running the other mem till now and no bsod..

i have no there liked or almost similar pc that i can test the ram

dexter

Archived