Corsair Community

Fails to Report CPU Temps

Hey everyone just wanted to see if I'm the only one with this issue...

I just got the commander pro and tried to set custom fan curves based off of CPU core temps however iCUE reports my CPU temp is always at 34C In reality my cores at 63C max load on my stress test. Since the Temps are being incorrectly reported the software is kinda useless but it looks pretty :) Any ideas?

I tried to uninstall and reinstall ect.

I7700k @5GHz

ASUS Z270 Strix Gaming E (latest BIOS)

Edit: Only under load!

Make sure you tagged the right temp value in the drop down. That thing is ridiculously hard to read with the text cut off at the 12th letter. On a 7700K, you would probably want CPU Package Temp. The individual cores are going to be way too dynamic if you have any of the power saving features enabled. It should read "Intel Core 7700K Pac.." and that is about as far as it goes.

If this does not resolve it, then we might need to look at basic fan control operation. There is a little bug in this version that keeps the fans locked at the load speed.

*You have a similar thread going in the Link section. Does that mean both iCUE and Link are reproducing this problem? If not, lets deal with it in which ever program section you are using. I can see the Link screen shot in the other post, but I am not sure if this is happening in iCUE as well.

Archived