Corsair Community

Auto-switch profiles based on windows user login?

Not the easiest solution, but the first thing that came to my mind is a little workaround for your problem. You can attach profiles to processes, therefore create a powershell script that runs on logon and detects which user logs on. The script then needs to launch another process based on the user, e.g. User_One.exe, User-Two.exe.. Attach the profile to the corresponding process. Didnt test it, but it should work in theory, but im sure that there is a better solution out there.

Edit: My Idea could be flawed. Apparently CUE only activates the other profile within the chosen application.. at least from my testing.

Well, oddly, it seems that it is doing it on it's own - I setup my mouse how I want it, but when logging out and into a different windows profile, the mouse is switching to the default colour scheme anyway (not exactly desirable either).

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll play around with PowerShell and eventviewer

The profiles are saved inside the folder "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Corsair", so each user should have its own profiles with no problems. As for the default profile when CUE is not running, you simply need to create one and save it on the onboard memory. When CUE is not running that's the profile that will be used.

Archived