Corsair Community

Corsair Carbide SPEC-OMEGA RGB Case + Fans question

tomhdle

I am planning on getting the Omega Spec RGB case and as it's stated on the website selling it, there are 2 HD120 fans and the Lightning Node Pro already included with the case. I'm guessing if I need to connect 4 more fans to the case, I will need to get the hub, is that the Commander Pro HUB? Or is there another one? Amazon sells the HD120's with a Lighting controller but that includes a remote controller and a HUB already (Is this the Commander Pro?) I've seen two different types of HUB's, one with temp monitors and the regular one with just 6 slots. Does this mean I would need to buy the HD120 Triple pack, and a single pack with NO controller? As well if I were to buy the LL120's and connect them, would the HD and LL need their own HUB's, connected the the Node Pro to work and can I use them in sync with lighting effects such as pong? Also is it worth getting 3 front fans? Will they be visible enough?

• Corsair Employee

The RGB hub and the Commander Pro are two different items. The RGB provides power to the LEDs to light the fans up. While the commander pro can provide power to make the fans spin. Essentially they work together to make the fans work properly.

One thing to note is if you want to add LL fans you'll need a second RGB hub. You cannot mix and match two different type of fans into one RGB hub.

Check this thread out to further help you get a better understanding of how to set these fans up.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Archived