Corsair Community

corsair scimitar store keyboard shortcuts (not the pro version)

r0n

Hello I am new here, don't know if this was the correct place to ask the below questions. (I could swear there was a main thread about the "corsair scimitar", but can not find it anymore).

question 1

Can the corsair scimitar (NOT the pro version) store shortcuts for the side buttons into the mouse itself, or must the corsair software always run in order to process the pressed mouse buttons?

What I mean:

For example, the side button [1] get's the following assigned: [CTRL] + [G]. Is it possible to store that within the mouse itself of the NONE pro version? (so that I do not have to keep the software running in the background).

I currently have a UTECH SMART VENUS mouse (horrible mouse) where I only have to load up the software to set the mouse up, once done I can close the software (100% close, meaning not running in the background).

question 2

And is there a default mapping of the sidebuttons? What I mean is, are there side buttons in default mapped to for example the numeric keypad numbers (rightside keyboard)? "Default" meaning when purchased the mouse newly and connect it to the computer, are the sidebuttons mapped...

• Corsair Employee
Hello I am new here, don't know if this was the correct place to ask the below questions. (I could swear there was a main thread about the "corsair scimitar", but can not find it anymore).

question 1

Can the corsair scimitar (NOT the pro version) store shortcuts for the side buttons into the mouse itself, or must the corsair software always run in order to process the pressed mouse buttons?

You will need the CUE software running to execute macros and other functions. Scimitar PRO version has Hardware playback feature where you will be able to save profiles because of its onboard memory

question 2

And is there a default mapping of the sidebuttons? What I mean is, are there side buttons in default mapped to for example the numeric keypad numbers (rightside keyboard)? "Default" meaning when purchased the mouse newly and connect it to the computer, are the sidebuttons mapped...

They're not mapped to any key right out of the box.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to kick this topic up, how much onboard memory has the scimitar pro?

I can't find it on the specs page:

http://www.corsair.com/en-eu/scimitar-pro-rgb-optical-moba-mmo-gaming-mouse-black-eu

I also can't find it on product reviews.

I would really like to know.

Seriously thinking about switching.

- First mmo mouse UTECH VENUS, horrible sidebuttons takes to much force.

- Switched to MADCATS MMO TE, horrible sidebutton-layout (thought I could get used to it)

I hope that the 3th switch will be the final one.

Archived