Corsair Community

CUE randomly changes order of profiles

I swear I saw posts related to this relatively recently, but can't find them now, so...a new thread.

I'm currently using the next to latest release of CUE2 at home (the one before 2.13.80) and have five profiles in the following order: Default, Default2, WoW, WoW2, and Mystify.

Default and Default2 are identical to each other with the exception of the Windows lock and Window keys. WoW and WoW2 have the same functionality as Default but with different lighting schemes for when I play WoW (obviously ;): ). Mystify kicks in when my Mystify screensaver starts up.

The problem is that recently, I've been noticing the profile order changes on rare occasions. It doesn't happen that often, but it has happened at least three times. Anybody have a clue as to what might be happening? Thx!

• 2 weeks later...
Send me a log in your %appdata%/roaming/CUE when it happens. I do notice some people who experience profiles being re-organized, deleted, etc. but I can't reproduce the issue.

It happened again but I don't see anything the resembles a log in roaming/Corsair/CUE or roaming/Corsair/HID. There are five *.cueprofiledata files that were modified this morning when I shut the computer down to go to work, but nothing this afternoon.

The order should be:

Copy of Default

WoW

Copy of Wow

Mystify

But it seems to always reorder to:

Copy of Default

Copy of WoW

Mystify

Wow

It's not alphabetizing.

• 2 weeks later...

After a week, no reply so I'm pinging again...

I'd LOVE to send you guys a log from CUE, if you tell me how! If you glance up at the previous post by me, you'll see that I could find nothing that looked like a log file. So once again, how are these log files named and WHERE can I find them???

If it makes any difference, I'm running Win7.

It happened once again tonight but I can't help you help me without more help! :roll:

Thank you.

• Corsair Employee

We have an issue with profile folders disappearing and maybe its related, but we haven't seen issues with profiles being reorganized. However, before you shut down the PC, try to manually quit CUE to see if it helps. Sometimes when a PC is asleep or shut down, it can cause CUE to crash and not save any profile changes.

To answer your other question, CUE Logs are found in the %appdata% folder. Look under local -> CUE -> logs

Ok...found the log files on the home computer and as luck would have it, when I fired up the computer this afternoon, the profiles were switched in exactly the same order as I posted above! I'm attaching this afternoon's log and the one that was closed when I shut the computer down this morning.

Since today's file is currently locked by CUE I uploaded a copy.

I hope this helps!!

2017-06-13T16-05-08.log

2017-06-14T15-56-07 - Copy.log

still happens in 2.14.... it never ends.

I just bought a new Scimitar RGB Pro, and I'm having this issue with the software, really disappointed, beautiful mouse but my first impressions with the software aren't as great. Might end up sending it back in a week if it's not fixed. Hopefully it is.

I had this problem. I think it is a bug. CUE occasionally set the default profile to the highest priority.

And then I deleted the default profile, and now my profiles won't change their priorities.

• Corsair Employee
I just bought a new Scimitar RGB Pro, and I'm having this issue with the software, really disappointed, beautiful mouse but my first impressions with the software aren't as great. Might end up sending it back in a week if it's not fixed. Hopefully it is.

Are you experiencing this with Software Profiles or Hardware Profiles?

Archived