Corsair Community

M65 Mouse Button 6 option?

AlexiusPhotius

With the M65 pro the sniper button is sometime the most valuable button. However not all games I play require me to lower my DPI. I was wondering in the future if we could have the option to making it mouse button 6. Right now I have to bind that button to another key on the keyboard. I was just wondering if anytime in the future we could get this option. It would make playing certain games easier being able set up a for mouse button 6. I have tried to set it up as F14 key since my keyboard only goes up to F12. But games do not recognize the button when I try to map that button to a function in game. Has anyone else asked this and has this already be solved? I may just be to dumb to figure it out.

The sniper button and your F14 are both non-standard keys that do not have an ASCII value. You won't be able to directly bind them to anything in game. You can use the software to substitute map another key. Dodge in game is C. In iCUE, map C to the sniper button. This is really the only way to do it and you will need the software running to make it work. If the sniper key was natively mouse 6 (or any other defined button), then it would not be able to perform the sniper function. It would just be mouse 6. At least this way it can be either.

The sniper button and your F14 are both non-standard keys that do not have an ASCII value. You won't be able to directly bind them to anything in game. You can use the software to substitute map another key. Dodge in game is C. In iCUE, map C to the sniper button. This is really the only way to do it and you will need the software running to make it work. If the sniper key was natively mouse 6 (or any other defined button), then it would not be able to perform the sniper function. It would just be mouse 6. At least this way it can be either.

I understand I was just wondering if we could have to option for both. Some games I love the sniper button and what it does, in others it just gets in the way. And instead of having to make multiple profiles or go into iCue everytime I want to change the Sniper button functionality why can't we have an option for it to be just a mouse button 6. That way it makes it simpler when playing multiple games, which may require different button depending on the user and the game.

If it was a mouse 6, then it could never be a sniper button. The only way to be both is to program it. The mouse is advertised as sold as an "FPS mouse". The sniper button is part of that. I never use it for that purpose either, but it is silly not to program it something else you might use it for. It takes less than 15 seconds to do it.

You don't need to make multiple game profiles, unless you have already created them and want them. Pick an uncommon keyboard key not normally used in games (- / * .) and make that your default sniper reassignment in iCUE. In the in-game menu, change that key to your preferred action. You only need to assign it in game, just like any other command. It can be different things in different games. If you prefer individual game profiles for lighting, DPI, etc., then you can also do that from within iCUE. You also can copy the reassignment to the Action library. Then it can be drag/pasted into any profile, click the substitute button and you're done.

Archived