Corsair Community

B450-F Strix Motherboard can't see Vengeance Pro RGb

Milansubzero

Hello everyone,

Just a quick question. I've recently upgraded my PC to the B450-F Strix with a 2700x and got the Vengeance Pro RGB it's running great at 3200mhz however neither Aura or iCUE will detect the RAM. I've only got iCUE installed now to work with my H150i Pro however just curious about this. Is the motherboard not supported yet?

Thanks,

Milan

• Corsair Employee
Hello everyone,

Just a quick question. I've recently upgraded my PC to the B450-F Strix with a 2700x and got the Vengeance Pro RGB it's running great at 3200mhz however neither Aura or iCUE will detect the RAM. I've only got iCUE installed now to work with my H150i Pro however just curious about this. Is the motherboard not supported yet?

Thanks,

Milan

Please first fully uninstall any other RGB/LED controlling software other than iCUE.

-Art

I am having the same problem. Had a Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 with 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz RAM, and they showed up just fine in iCUE, was able to control lighting. Switched to an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming, and now the RAM doesn't show up in iCUE. It is available in the dashboard to view speed and timings, but does not show up on the main screen as a device to select and configure. All of my other iCUE devices work fine (K70 MK2, M65 Pro, ST100, H150i PRO, Commander Pro, Lighting Node Pro). I only have iCUE installed for RGB control software. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling iCUE to no avail (with reboots in between). I cannot seem to get iCUE to recognize the RAM at all, even though it worked fine on the Gigabyte board. After some research, I saw some people had to enable SPD Write in the BIOS on other boards, but that option is not available on this board unfortunately. I did notice a f/w update for the RAM, which was applied before switching over to the new B450 board. Not sure what version, but it was the latest so that shouldn't be an issue.

Wondering what to do at this point. Only reason for getting rid of the Gigabyte board was it had problems booting with my WD USB 3.0 4TB hard drives attached, would hang and sometimes reset the BIOS, but unplug them and all booted fine, yet they worked fine on multiple other computers. If I enabled ultra fast boot or disabled USB at boot, it would boot fine, but then I couldn't get into the BIOS. Decided to upgrade the B450 board since I was still in Amazon's return window, and now all works except I can't control the RGB on the RAM I just paid $350 for. Getting frustrated...

Well I ditched the Asus Strix B450-F in favor of an MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon, and my RAM now runs at rated speed with iCUE detecting all 4 sticks perfectly. Definitely a problem with the Asus B450 board and Vengeance RGB Pro RAM with iCUE. If you are within a return period, I would suggest you try a different board.

EDIT: So to recap, each scenario with a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 4 sticks of Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3000 C15 8GB RAM (32GB total), Ryzen 5 2600 CPU, no overclocking (yet)

Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 - F23d BIOS - iCUE detected all 4 sticks, XMP profile was stable (and even 3200MHz C16). But had USB issues causing USB hub resets/dropouts and BIOS reset with USB HDD plugged in (could be an isolated incident)

Asus ROG STRIX B450-f Gaming - 0504 BIOS - iCUE NOT detecting RAM at all, even at default settings - XMP profile not stable, kept booting up to a reset CMOS. Could only run at default 2133MHz speeds

MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon - 7B78v20 BIOS - iCUE detects all 4 sticks perfectly, XMP profile stable - no overclocking yet - still needs further configuration and testing but initial testing is good

MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon - 7B78v21 & 7B78v23 BIOS - iCUE detects all 4 sticks perfectly, XMP profile NOT stable - system crashes with anything above default 2133MHz RAM even with boosted SOC and DRAM voltage - reverted back to initial 7B78v20 BIOS and all was back to normal - stick to the initial release with this config for now.

I also have this issue, iCUE cannot see my Vengeance RGB ram. I have only iCUE installed, using a B450 Asrock Pro4 motherboard.

Edit: I wanted to add that my XMP profiles do work, however.

Thanks for the feedback. I think there is definitely something going on with B450, iCUE, and RGB Pro RAM. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

As for XMP, I have had this problem with ASUS boards in the past. Other manufacturers like Gigabyte and MSI will boost SOC (aka memory controller) voltages to compensate with XMP enabled, whereas it doesn't appear ASUS does. When I set XMP, I noticed my SOC voltages were the same 0.8-ish volts whereas the GIgabyte and MSI boards boost to 1.15-1.18V on SOC with XMP enabled and default voltage setting. However, I did try boosting SOC voltage on the ASUS board along with a manual 1.38V on the RAM, and still it would not boot with XMP auto settings.

When trying to contact ASUS support, my ticket was closed without a response, and when I asked them why it was closed and re-explained my issues, I was sent a Word document for me to fill out explaining everything I already told them. At that point, I decided to go with a different manufacturer. I have used both Gigabyte and MSI extensively in the past for both AMD and Intel with good results. The few experiences I've had with ASUS, despite all the "rave reviews," have all been less than stellar. Though I will still continue to use their routers lol.

• Corsair Employee
Thanks for the feedback. I think there is definitely something going on with B450, iCUE, and RGB Pro RAM. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

As for XMP, I have had this problem with ASUS boards in the past. Other manufacturers like Gigabyte and MSI will boost SOC (aka memory controller) voltages to compensate with XMP enabled, whereas it doesn't appear ASUS does. When I set XMP, I noticed my SOC voltages were the same 0.8-ish volts whereas the GIgabyte and MSI boards boost to 1.15-1.18V on SOC with XMP enabled and default voltage setting. However, I did try boosting SOC voltage on the ASUS board along with a manual 1.38V on the RAM, and still it would not boot with XMP auto settings.

When trying to contact ASUS support, my ticket was closed without a response, and when I asked them why it was closed and re-explained my issues, I was sent a Word document for me to fill out explaining everything I already told them. At that point, I decided to go with a different manufacturer. I have used both Gigabyte and MSI extensively in the past for both AMD and Intel with good results. The few experiences I've had with ASUS, despite all the "rave reviews," have all been less than stellar. Though I will still continue to use their routers lol.

Thanks for updating us on here as well.

I just put together a new rig with the Asus TUF B450-Plus with Vengeance RGB Pro 3000Mhz and 2 LL120 RGB fans and I'm also facing issues with the parts not showing up in ICue. My fans came pre-installed with the case (Corsair Crystal 280X) but neither of my fans are lighting up at all. My RGB ram lighted up with an RGB pattern the moment I turned it on, but I have no way to view in in the ICue software. All I can see is the "Lighting Node Pro" listed under devices. Also, similar to the poster above, my RAM is running at the default 2133Mhz speed.

Hope there is a fix soon as I'm really looking forward to get my RGBs working together!

• Corsair Employee
I just put together a new rig with the Asus TUF B450-Plus with Vengeance RGB Pro 3000Mhz and 2 LL120 RGB fans and I'm also facing issues with the parts not showing up in ICue. My fans came pre-installed with the case (Corsair Crystal 280X) but neither of my fans are lighting up at all. My RGB ram lighted up with an RGB pattern the moment I turned it on, but I have no way to view in in the ICue software. All I can see is the "Lighting Node Pro" listed under devices. Also, similar to the poster above, my RAM is running at the default 2133Mhz speed.

Hope there is a fix soon as I'm really looking forward to get my RGBs working together!

The speed is related to the motherboard and you have to enable AMP/XMP/DOCP, for the RAM which software version are you on, and did you check for latest firmware?

Whoops I'm an idiot...I forgot to plug in the SATA cable to the LED node. Now my LL120 fans are lighting up able to be controlled in ICue :)

The speed is related to the motherboard and you have to enable AMP/XMP/DOCP, for the RAM which software version are you on, and did you check for latest firmware?

As for the Vegeance Pro RGB, I"ve enabled DODC so now I'm at 3000 mhz. However, I'm still not able to see it listed as a device in ICue. I can see it in the ICue dashboard and Link. I'm using the latest version of ICue but I'm not sure where to find the firmware version of the memory since I can't see it as a device in ICue.

Whoops I'm an idiot...I forgot to plug in the SATA cable to the LED node. Now my LL120 fans are lighting up able to be controlled in ICue :)

As for the Vegeance Pro RGB, I"ve enabled DODC so now I'm at 3000 mhz. However, I'm still not able to see it listed as a device in ICue. I can see it in the ICue dashboard and Link. I'm using the latest version of ICue but I'm not sure where to find the firmware version of the memory since I can't see it as a device in ICue.

Do you have SPD Write enabled in the BIOS?

If I may ask,

How did you manage to get your memory to run at 3200? I have 3000 in my build and its only showing up as 2135 with this mother board. No matter what I do it just wont go any higher. Any suggestions or tips are welcome.

If I may ask,

How did you manage to get your memory to run at 3200? I have 3000 in my build and its only showing up as 2135 with this mother board. No matter what I do it just wont go any higher. Any suggestions or tips are welcome.

Actually my memory is 3000 and I managed to get it to that speed by enabling DOCP in the BIOS (if you're using an ASUS board)

has anyone managed to fix this issue yet im having the same problem also my 2 uplay games will not launch but this ram issue is really starting to annoy me

I thought RGB light shouldn't affect stability, I mean my issue are only the ICUE software not detecting my RAM in Asus motherboard, so i can't control the RGB light

Archived