Corsair Community

Feedback.

maxwatts

CUE 2 is generally better for me, but creating actions/macros is absurd compared to before. In CUE 1 we had a nice single screen with all the options, in CUE 2 we have to keep advanced mode enabled in order to see all the options. And those are still hidden under different tabs now.

• 3 weeks later...
I have never seen such an ignorant comment before. But I'll answer anyway, yes 16.8 M colors is available, 2.X is still a rather new version and good feedback is required, not this type of crap feedback.

I'll offer some feedback.

CUE is crap, it is a confusing mess of a GUI. The process for making and saving a simple macro to a key is frustrating and not at all intuitive.

I have been very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hardware on my recent Corsair purchases albeit baffled by the need for millions of colours of lights on a set of Headphones. CUE though is a disappointment, so much so I won't be buying any more of their hardware.

Unless you are "a bit" more specific on what is messy for you (and possibly propose also a suggestion on how to improve it), I doubt you'll ever see anything changed :):

Really? Is it in my individual power to either compel Corsair to make improvements or not?

Is your response supposed to be an example of a useful post? I don't believe it is but maybe I can offer some useful suggestions in order to give it a "bit" of worth.

1. Create a GUI that clearly indicates how to assign a key-stroke or macro to a key on the Scimitar. I can do this but the way I am doing so cannot be as designed, it is needlessly repetitive and seems senseless.

2. Clearly indicate how the library works. Does it have any use or is it just a list I can view but not use on another profile?

I'll ask a couple of questions too;

1. What does the advanced button do and why do I need to ask?

2. Why should I need to view an instructional video, isn't that an indicator of a poorly designed GUI?

I'll finish with a :) right back at you.

Really? Is it in my individual power to either compel Corsair to make improvements or not?

Is your response supposed to be an example of a useful post? I don't believe it is but maybe I can offer some useful suggestions in order to give it a "bit" of worth.

1. Create a GUI that clearly indicates how to assign a key-stroke or macro to a key on the Scimitar. I can do this but the way I am doing so cannot be as designed, it is needlessly repetitive and seems senseless.

2. Clearly indicate how the library works. Does it have any use or is it just a list I can view but not use on another profile?

I'll ask a couple of questions too;

2. Why should I need to view an instructional video, isn't that an indicator of a poorly designed GUI?

I'll finish with a :) right back at you.

CUE 2 is a new software that just recently came out of beta, the public opinion is required to make it more user-friendly, we power users know how to use it very easily but that's because we had early access, the problem with any program is figuring out where everything is, until you figure that out the software just seems useless.

I'll offer some feedback.

CUE is crap, it is a confusing mess of a GUI. The process for making and saving a simple macro to a key is frustrating and not at all intuitive.

I have been very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hardware on my recent Corsair purchases albeit baffled by the need for millions of colours of lights on a set of Headphones. CUE though is a disappointment, so much so I won't be buying any more of their hardware.

what part of making a macro is not at all intuitive.

From a UI/UX designer's perspective. Corsair (and other gaming companies are guilty of this too) should just stick with using the native Windows design language that follows design conventions about where options should be instead of trying for that "unique, edgy, gamer-y" feel. People being able to guess where items are is half the battle won against confusing interfaces.

Guys, why are you even trying to defend this software, or trying to tell how to be polite when reporting feedback to people who can only speak like "we're-working-on-that,we-just-can't give-ETA" and then disappear for months.

You aren't "power users", you probably are just people trying to use the keyboard as a Christmyass tree, and I hope that you are having success at least on that. I'm in front of computers since i'm 4, now I'm 35, I have two engineering degrees, and I tell you that I couldn't even figure out how to set a default profile (yes, I know now, there's a bug on 2.5) or setup a two-keys macro (and I managed to do that in 2 minutes with 1.x).

So, let's back to the OP: "Hateful piece of software. It is poorly designed, seemingly deliberately obtuse and unintuitive"; i've registered on this forum just to thank and support you.

And i wass blaming Razor's Synapse. Oh my god, where's software going

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry to hear OP feels this way (as well as others). We didn't design the GUI to be "gamer-ish" but instead refined the UI to be modern and simple to use for novices. We've gotten a lot of feedback that CUE 1.X was confusing and un-intuitive despite how powerful the editors were. As a result of this direct feedback, we made changes to ensure all behavior in the software follows UI logic so its easier for anyone to pick up and use.

I disagree that "stick with using the native Windows design language" is the proper step. Windows is quite complicated for a majority of users. While expert users will be quite adept at knowing where Windows features are, its quite difficult for most people (for example) to even know how to configure a screensaver.

I am always open to criticism and we do updates regularly to refine the UI and UX. If the criticism can be clearly document as to what there is to like or dislike, I can always evaluate it with my team. Blatant comments such as "this is a hateful piece of software" gives me nothing to work on but to assume it is simply subjective feedback.

...gives me nothing to work on but to assume it is simply subjective feedback.

You are correct, it is entirely subjective feed-back. I am not a Beta-tester. I have neither the time nor inclination to assist you with identifying the reasons that many users find the GUI frustrating. That is your job.

I will assist by offering a little information about what level of expertise I have in order that you might not dismiss my feed-back as being from someone who is unable to change a screen-saver. I am computer literate and have been so since the 1980s when I worked as a hardware engineer. I have always built my own PCs and in a very amateur way have continued to repair machines for friends and neighbours ever since.

Your dismissive attitude to subjective feed-back might be where your difficulty lies. If your users are complaining then something needs changing and I hope it will be.

EDIT for some balance. I really do like the hardware. I have the keyboard, mouse and headphones and they are all, subjectively of course, very good. I appreciate that CUE does successfully switch profiles when linked to an .exe, something the current Logitech offering fails to achieve.

what part of making a macro is not at all intuitive.

You seem to be one of these forum White Knights I've read about. Do you have an opinion? Do you have any useful information to offer? If not you may as well mount your white charger and trot off.

You're kidding, right? You want to see improvements but you don't want to put in the small amount of effort required to actually explain what it is you'd like improved?

Do you just go to the restaurant and say "give me food", and when you're dissatisfied with what they give you, you just say "this sucks" and leave it at that?

We didn't design the GUI to be "gamer-ish" but instead refined the UI to be modern and simple to use for novices. We've gotten a lot of feedback that CUE 1.X was confusing and un-intuitive despite how powerful the editors were. As a result of this direct feedback, we made changes to ensure all behavior in the software follows UI logic so its easier for anyone to pick up and use.

[...]

I disagree that "stick with using the native Windows design language" is the proper step. Windows is quite complicated for a majority of users. While expert users will be quite adept at knowing where Windows features are, its quite difficult for most people (for example) to even know how to configure a screensaver.

I agree with you, that windows settings are far from being intuitive. To be true as IT supporter, I always disable the groupings in the control center, as items are not where you would expect them. But there are a few things you always need to keep in mind, while making a program and even more when creating a new version of an old program.

• Humans are creatures of habit. That means, when something changes it is always evil at the beginning
  • While the settings in windows are hard to find an far from being intuitive sorted and to reach, the GUI isn't! The users know the GUI and they know how to use it and where things are to be expected to find. You created a fully new GUI that differs to everything, that the users know. So restyling the GUI by using menues and ribbons and sorting the whole screen as the users are used to in other programs will hepl a lot! Especially novice user are totally overextended with the actual design as it neither is comparable to the old program, nor to the known layout of other windows programs.
    It is very important, that I am only speaking of the layout of the program, not how it is sorted or where you find the various functions!
  • The acutal "help"-system remove it, it is useless as it doesn't really explains things. There are only 1 or two things explained, but the explanation for buttons etc. is totally missing. That leads to even more confusion and panic. Panic that the user should know it, but he doesn't and due to that won't be able to use it ever.
  • Sorry to say it, but CUE1 is more intuitive than CUE2. While in CUE1 you could find things by clicking and testing, in CUE2 you are totally lost, if you aren't somehow advanced. In CUE1 you right click a key and then you could define things. Now you first need to define it, mark it and then click on the key. Both ways are ok, but the first way is far more intuitive as your way know isn't something the normal user would think of. That is the programmers way. First define something, then use it somewhere else. The normal user thinks the other way around. I have a key and I wan't to put something on it. So I click the key and, hmm. Ok right click it as I learned a right click... At this point he is lost, as he has no idea, to do it the other way around unless he read instructions or saw a How-To-Video.

Blatant comments such as "this is a hateful piece of software" gives me nothing to work on but to assume it is simply subjective feedback.
But destructive criticism is so much easier than destructive ones. :rolleyes:

Hope you understood, what I try to say, if not, feel free to contact me, as I will try to explain it more detailed.

You're kidding, right? You want to see improvements but you don't want to put in the small amount of effort required to actually explain what it is you'd like improved?

Do you just go to the restaurant and say "give me food", and when you're dissatisfied with what they give you, you just say "this sucks" and leave it at that?

You are wrong. I was not "kidding" as I expect you well understand.

Might I suggest you go back and read my posts? You will see I have taken the time to offer some feed-back and to ask some specific questions but no one here is willing or able to respond beyond defensive, passive aggressive knee-jerk posts, which serve no purpose.

I also never wrote "this sucks" so why use the quotations marks? I won't bother to respond further to your ridiculous restaurant analogy.

You seem to be one of these forum White Knights I've read about. Do you have an opinion? Do you have any useful information to offer? If not you may as well mount your white charger and trot off.

Yes i have an opinion, No one will bother following up with your problems because you dont seem to get that feed back is about talking to the community and sharing ideas not being a rude little [Error 404: "Curse word not found"].

PS: like you said your not a beta tester, but this was your chance to talk with 4 of them, and the head developer. Go give some actual feed back or don't idc.

PSS: I don't like white :(:

Go give some actual feed back or don't idc.

PSS: I don't like white :(:

I have given "feedback" but you are unable to read it. Why?

It is located in this thread but I will paste it here so you can see it.

I'll ask a couple [more] questions too;

You have yet to make any useful contribution to this thread. Why?

The very fact that you don't care ("idc") about feedback here is probably why the GUI is such a mess.

I have given "feedback" but you are unable to read it. Why?

It is located in this thread but I will paste it here so you can see it.

I'll ask a couple [more] questions too;

You have yet to make any useful contribution to this thread. Why?

The very fact that you don't care ("idc") about feedback here is probably why the GUI is such a mess.

1. What does "I can do this but the way I am doing so cannot be as designed" even mean?? What you want to design how actions are assigned?

What if we pre-link all the keys to an action? That would fix the "repetitive" part.

As for "seems senseless". What "seems senseless"? Under actions it says "Press "+" to add a new item". There is also a help button.

2. You're right its not clear, I'll work on getting, the help button to explain it.

You can use it on another profile. It takes about 30 seconds to find out. Make random lighting -> Import to library -> Make new profile -> Open library -> See lighting.

Other questions:

1. It's there because users complained that in CUE 1 it was difficult to make basic lighting effects. It just toggles between preset lighting and custom user lighting. It needs to be renamed, or given a help box.

2. You shouldn't need to, what videos are you referring to? And even if you did it doesn't mean the GUI is bad, some times it's user error...

You have yet to make any useful solutions to this thread. Why?

You have given "feedback" but some of it doesn't make sense. Why?

PS: Sorry let me rephrase that. IDC if you take this opportunity to tell us what changes you would like to see in CUE in a clear and unvague way, or not. If you don't I just move on to the next user that actual feedback, and suggestions on how they would like it to work instead.

Archived