Corsair Community

Another Corsair Front Fan question...

gakerty

Hello all. Seems there are a few of these questions around. I have a quick question regarding connecting the front (and side) fans of my 500R to my PSU. Is there an appropriate adapter that will connect the 4 pin Molex coming from the front fans (male or female) into my power supply? I'm having a helluva time finding exactly what I need. I ordered two cheap cables each with 6 pin connections that plug into my PSU (OCZ 700MXSP), but apparently, they weren't exactly what I needed, as they only have 2 and 3 molex pins on the other end! Bummer. I was a bit miffed.

Ideally, could someone link a URL to the required cable so I can go ahead and order it? Everything is up and running, I just want to complete it all with functional front and side fans! Right now I have no way to connect the fans to my PSU. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Well according to these pictures you should still have the cable you need. In the first picture (which should be the box for your PSU) you can see the cable you need at the top, fifth one over to the right.

The second picture shows this cable more clearly. It's the third one from the left.

Are you sure you don't have this cable? If you misplaced it, you can try ordering a replacement from Corsair but check with them first to be certain this will work with your PSU (your wattage was not listed):

http://www.corsair.com/us/parts/psu-parts/type-3-flat-black-peripheral-cable-with-4-connectors.html

Corsair-CX500M-Packaging-and-Contents-2.jpg.a577eefb6357ef35962ecbeb415b9959.jpg

Corsair-CX500M-Exterior-7.jpg.d0c1414553a1ecb7923b73a301eba6b6.jpg

Sorry! I have a Corsair 500cx PSU, and there is only male connector. The problem is that the front cable from the fron panel also male. Is it well? (sorry my bad english)

Please post a picture of the fan connectors you are describing. This will help us understand what you mean.

Thanks for helping! I will upload the photo some days later.

But! I realized that I made a mistake. The front panel has a FEMALE molex!! (not male)

And my corsair psu also have only FEMALE molex. So i don't know how to connect this two together. And the big question is: is it normal that this FEMALE-FEMALE non-matching??

Thanks for helping! I will upload the photo some days later.

But! I realized that I made a mistake. The front panel has a FEMALE molex!! (not male)

And my corsair psu also have only FEMALE molex. So i don't know how to connect this two together. And the big question is: is it normal that this FEMALE-FEMALE non-matching??

Oh okay, I think I may understand now. The 500R case has the ability to turn the front panel fan white LEDs on or off with the push of a button. The front panel light button will have 3 power cables leading to it. Two mini 3-pin cables and one standard 4-pin cable. The front fans should also have mini 3-pin power cables. The two mini 3-pin power cables from the front fans need to be plugged into the two mini 3-pin power cables leading from the top front button. And last, connect the standard 4-pin power cable into a standard 4-pin power cable from the power supply. Now the fans should turn on and you should have the ability to turn the front fan LEDs on and off.

Hopefully this helps. :biggrin:

Actually four (4). Three (3) for the fans (2 x 120mm front and 1 x 200mm side) and one for power to the controller (the 4-pin male molex).

Thank you for the clarification G50EED and I really do appreciate it. I was going by the information provided on product description of the Carbide 500R on the Corsair website. "And since looks are an important part of any build, you’ll appreciate the ability to turn the front panel fan white LEDs on or off with the push of a button." So I assumed as much.

Okay, here is the solution for my problem: be wise! :DDDDD

So, yesterday i realize that the molex cable from front panel is not only a female cable. If you turn the cable there is a male side too. Arghh..................

Anyway thanks for your helping! (and sorry for my stupidity)

Archived