Corsair Community

900D Right Side Bottom Panel Not Closing Properly

Eugenius88

This issue occurred out of the blue just about 4 days after I got this case. I had the right bottom panel open to get some cable management/power supply mounting done, I try to close it and it just plops back down after I release it.

Magnet1.thumb.jpg.ab82f6941e9965884b4b6141ea25c18b.jpg

As you can see, the magnet is visible on the right side, preventing secure closing, however on my left side, it's perfectly fine. Product is still well under warranty and I'm wondering how to fix this because this is giving me OCD issues and I can't touch my case until this is fixed :(:

Can you please check if the bottom side panel bent? The hinges can be adjusted as well. Check if you can readjust them.

Correct me if I'm wrong but what I've circled are the hinges? The "RegularHinge" is at the same angle as the other pair of hinges(closing panel

)however, the "MessedUpHinge" is the odd one out, not parallel, ~20-30º upward to the bottom of the case. Do I bend it downward to be parallel toward the case as all the other hinges are to hope it works?

RegularHinge.thumb.jpg.0bdee776febec89fbd1c16d26e5841c5.jpg

MessedUpHinge.thumb.jpg.67c92bb4c1f2a1fe5fb6d59fa0dbf23b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
the metal inges on the side panel doors are a very soft metal god knows what they are doing at the case factory the staff there musthave either bad eye sights or they are cross eyed quality control is not there they are just using cheap metal especially were the bottom doors are concered they bend very easily and for the price you pay this case should be solid.

If they should use thicker metal, heavier hinges, the case would be to heavy and to expensive. But You have to keep in mind that's not the Quality of the 800D, overall they did a good job for such a big case and we know after sale service of Corsair is one of the best.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived