The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Old 01-12-2018, 09:09 PM
zagor69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935143
zagor69 Reputation: 10
Woah! Link 4.9.4.28 contiune access to HDD

Hello

I'm just boring a lot with this new system due to background rumors coming from inside the case:

With the Link software running in background, there is a continue access to one of my three HDD every two seconds
Spin up, spin down, spin up, spin down, spin up, spin down, spin up, spin down, spin up, spin down, spin up, spin down..... every two seconds

Is there a way to void this very frustrating noise???

I have 3x120mm fan + 5x140mm fan + 2 VGA fan and the only noise comeing from the case is that HDD spins access

That's quite unbelievable....

Thanks in advance

Old 01-12-2018, 11:13 PM
Code monkey on two wheels
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935149
DevBiker Reputation: 28

Yes, this is a known issue with Link ... well, actually with the CPUID SDK that they use to get system monitoring values. It is something that they are working on but, AFAIK, there is not an ETA on the fix. Believe me when I tell you that you are far from the only one annoyed by this!

Corsair RGB System FAQ and Sample Diagrams

Old 01-13-2018, 02:06 AM

POST ID # = 935173
FightingCookie Reputation: 10

with most recent update they added backward compatibility so for example my LNP + HD fans means i dont have to run link anymore to be able to have rgb profile running so solution is to NOT run link and turn off auto start up when system is turning on... yet issue is known for some time...

Old 01-13-2018, 07:52 AM
zagor69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935202
zagor69 Reputation: 10
Cool

Tks for your answers

Right now the HDD access is just for the backup one, the 8 Tb HDD
If I disable that HDD in Devices, the Corsair software stops with the HDD access

Of course I can't let that HDD to stay disabled.

Even if I run the Link software manually and not starting with Windows it starts to access that HDD, but as soon as I exit the program, the fan's RGB profile is not kept anyway

I'm curios to try to change that 8 Tb HDD SATA port on the mobo....

Old 01-13-2018, 09:39 AM
Code monkey on two wheels
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935215
DevBiker Reputation: 28

It's not going to matter what port it's on ... it'll still do it if Link "sees" the drive, unfortunately.
The only way I've found to totally hide a drive from Link is to put the drive in a Windows Storage Space. I actually found that quite by accident ... my server's data drives are in various Storage Spaces and Link didn't "see" them. But that doesn't work for a backup drive. And, to be honest, I'm assuming that it doesn't ping those drives; I'd have to check to be 100% certain.
As for the lighting ... if you have LL fans, you'll need to have Link running to get the lighting effects. From what I understand, this is a limitation of the Lighting Node Pro (NoPro)/Commander Pro (CoPro) hardware. For SP, HD and ML RGB fans, hardware playback with the NoPro/CoPro is supported.

Corsair RGB System FAQ and Sample Diagrams

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: