Corsair Community

Dominator Platinum+Sabertooth 990FX=Compatible?

erokone

Is the new Dominator Platinum DDR3 1866 CMD16GX3M4A1866C9 compatible with the SABERTOOTH 990FX AMD (AM3+)?

I see down at the bottom of the DP description page, Contents and Specifications >> System requirements, that it's compatible with Intel platforms but I don't see anything stating it's compatible with any AMD platforms.

hey peanutz94 thanks for responding. are you 100% certain the DomPlat's will work with the Sabertooth 990FX? only reason i'm worried is i have a friend who said it's not going to work since the compatibility specs specify Intel platforms only.

i also purchased the AMD 8150FX which should be able to utilize the full 1866. might need to tweak some things from what i've read, but not sure yet.

• Corsair Employee
Yes they are compatible and as mentioned the speed they will run at is solely up to the CPU and on an AMD I would set the memory Voltage to 1.6 Volts and set the CPU/NB Voltage +.1 Volts over default.

i have a friend who said it's not going to work since the compatibility specs specify Intel platforms only.

Tell your friend he's wrong! :P As long as the modules meet the basic requirements for your system they will work. They state they work on Intel machines , but that does not mean intel only. Most compatibility lists and QVL's are just a list of modules that HAVE been tested. And just because a certain part number does not show up there, does not mean they wont work. It's impossible to test every module with every MB.

Tell your friend he's wrong! :P As long as the modules meet the basic requirements for your system they will work. They state they work on Intel machines , but that does not mean intel only. Most compatibility lists and QVL's are just a list of modules that HAVE been tested. And just because a certain part number does not show up there, does not mean they wont work. It's impossible to test every module with every MB.

haha, i will gladly tell my friend he's wrong. i think he's just a bit jealous! ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I currently have 2x8 GB 2400 MHZ CL10 Dominator Plat running on my Crosshair V Formula Z with my FX 8350, and I also had the ram installed in my 8150/Crosshair V Formula which also ran perfectly at advertised speeds. I simply chose DOCP and selected the profile for the 2400Mhz. IT seems QVL list are a basic listing of tested modules, it would take far too long to test every single hardware configuration.

Archived