Corsair Community

Plan to offer 600T with internal USB 3.0?

UncleDude

I've been looking hard for an ideal case for my new build using an i7 2600K on an Asus P8P67 MoBo. I've pretty much settled on the 600T since it covers pretty much everything I am looking for in a case, EXCEPT the USB 3.0 connection.

I realize that up until recently there were no MoBos with internal USB 3.0 connections but that has changed. We can expect almost all newer motherboards to have the internal connectors which makes the cable poking out the back workaround unnecessary. A few other case makers have already launched cases with front USB 3.0 using internal MoBo connections.

Are there any plans in the works to offer the 600T with an internal USB 3.0 connector? If not a full case then are there any plans to offer a replacement front panel with this functionality?

I am in the same boat and holding off from buying the quite beautiful 650D - absolutely stunning case apart from the front panel usb3.0 ports. If somebody can confirm that a newer revision will appear with the usb3.0 headers or an upgrade kit is coming then I will purchase.

Just don't want to buy a completely new Z68 system and feel like something isn't quite right and I know it will niggle me ...;):

Any official word??

That's actually pretty perfect. I figured someone would come out with something like that eventually. I spent about an hour googling around without finding one and was very frustrated over not finding one. Considering how much I've already got into this build an extra $20 to not have the cord poking out the back is totally worth it to me.

Keep in mind that there IS a reason we run our USB 3.0 cables the way we do. The bandwidth on these cables is extremely high and transfer speeds are VERY sensitive to substandard cables and connectors. Caveat emptor until there is better cable quality and standardization. Otherwise, you are risking bottlenecking your USB 3.0 device speeds.

Keep in mind that there IS a reason we run our USB 3.0 cables the way we do. The bandwidth on these cables is extremely high and transfer speeds are VERY sensitive to substandard cables and connectors. Caveat emptor until there is better cable quality and standardization. Otherwise, you are risking bottlenecking your USB 3.0 device speeds.

Fair advise , however i'd counter that they are supplied like this from Corsair at the time as there were not many boards with the USB 3 header whereas now all new boards are coming equipped with it .

If this was a 99p cable i would say the same but both of the options above come from decent companies so should be fine .

I would expect that Corsair would come out with something very similiar to the Bitfenix option as that would work well with all the current i/o panels .

Don't get me wrong, I'm ok if Corsair didn't offer a revised edition fixing this or a separate purchase accessory... But to act as though it's being done for our own good seems like a bit of a load. I'm in love with this case too, and am going to buy that Lian Li adapter some one posted... You all were one of the first to offer the usb on the front.. HAZAA~~!! But lets not act as though this set up was anything but an attempt to beat the MOBOs to the punch. Now they are there and this aspect of your case is outdated.

I realize this sounds a bit more flaming than it's meant too... Let me just through out that this case is killer, and even if I had to have the pass through I would still use this case and suggest it to others.

But lets not act as though this set up was anything but an attempt to beat the MOBOs to the punch. Now they are there and this aspect of your case is outdated.
What part of this are you not understanding?

It's not just the MOBOs and the headers on them. The cables thesmelves are the most critical part.

Our testing has shown and is STILL SHOWING that the current options for cables and connectors are NOT allowing full unrestricted USB 3.0 transfer speeds.

... But to act as though it's being done for our own good seems like a bit of a load.

So, we are not going to sell a product that becomes an instant bottleneck to the performance of other products. Please know something about what you talking about before making remarks like this :roll:

So just to clarify.. You can make the cables and the ports of sufficient quality but are utterly incapable of making the cable connection that other competitors in your price range are capable of??

But more then that, I will have to admit that I do love the way you treat a long time costumer who right out said they loved the case and tells others to use it. A pass through is far from enough to make me not buy from a company, but that is.

So just to clarify.. You can make the cables and the ports of sufficient quality but are utterly incapable of making the cable connection that other competitors in your price range are capable of??

But more then that, I will have to admit that I do love the way you treat a long time costumer who right out said they loved the case and tells others to use it. A pass through is far from enough to make me not buy from a company, but that is.

We appreciate that you use and recommend our cases. And believe me, we are on top of the USB 3.0 issue. This is an area where we are not going to compromise just to beat some other company to the punch on 1 aspect of case features. As noted, this cable issue is more complex than it would seem. Keep in mind that the termination of a cable going to a 10 pin jumper block is MUCH different from that of the cables we supply now. It does make a difference.

Also, if you took offense to what I said, my statement was in response to your choice of terms. I do not take kindly to people stating or insinuating that we are mistreating or deceiving our customers. It's simply not true and I want to be clear on that so that other readers do not get incorrect information from our forum.

• Corsair Employee

HoochShepherd

First I am sorry if we have offended you that is not our intent, but we do have to make sure the information presented here is clear and concise not only for you but for anyone that might read a given thread or post.

At this time the information we can release is only what has been officially released, we are not allowed to discuses unreleased products, or updates. And with the cable issues involved there is no ETA on a resolution, but until there is I am sorry there is just not much we can say.

Just hope you can see our side here!;):

And that's fine to me.. Like I said even with the pass through it's a killer case. To say it won't be done on this case, or we a*may* do it, or what ever is completely fine. But act as though it's not possible when others have done just seems nonsensical. But more than that, to be a tool to some one flaming as a customer service rep is just crappy business. To do that to some one who is telling other people to buy it asinine.

At no point was I "insinuating that (you) are mistreating or deceiving (y)our customers"... The truth is that this case was one of the first with front USB 3.0s on it if not the first, and the pass through is there cause the headers weren't on the MOBO's. If the adapters bottleneck, ok.. I'll find out once I get one and benchmark it. My statement was simply that other case makers have done it, so it is possible. Either way though at this point it's beating a dead horse. Now instead of telling people that I have used almost exclusively corsair PSUs or that I really like the case, I'll tell em about this.

Haven't seen anyone say it's not possible, or act that way. They've only stated that what's currently available creates a bottleneck and that they'd rather do it right them to do it half assed.

You state other case makers have done it. Have you seen speed tests with those ports and/or Corsair's USB 3.0 ports? Personally I've never seen a case review test the ports.

LOL No, no.. I don't think I've ever seen any benchmarks for any case ports. But by that logic I've never seen one for the pass through either so... But as a rule as long as it's a trusted maker I'll take thier word for it.

And that why I'm ok with "It's in the works" or what have you.

I'm all good with doing it right the first time, but my point is that others are doing so it is possible to do with out the bottleneck. (assuming the unnamed competitor isn't lying) There's nothing wrong with saying the technology is so new we didn't include it in the case and may or may not do it in the future. I don't buy the reason being "its not reliable yet", as compared to the case is less than a year old and the headers have only been getting tossed in for the past 4 months.

The point is, no one's posted evidence to prove either side so there's no point in taking sides or pointing fingers or anything (not that I'm saying anyone is). Neither side / theory can be proven or disproven at this time without some facts being posted. In otherwords, for either opinion to be proved / disproved, someone's gotta post some results of case tests.

• 3 weeks later...
Interesting that Corsair seem to have "solved" this potential bottleneck and the upcoming Carbide series has internal usb3.0 headers - anybody care to tell us how this was achieved please or are we getting a bottlenecked product as Yellowbeard seems to have indicated previously?? Just seems like a very quick fix or somebody has been telling a set of porkies ...:D:

Archived