Corsair Community

Dominator not working dual channel on Asus P5K SE/EPU

simonlopes

Hi,

My memory Corsair Dominator 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF G is not working as dual channel on my PC. My Motherboard is a Asus P5K SE/EPU.

It only work as single channel on dimm_b1 and dimm_b2 slots.

Regarding Asus manual dual channel should work if the memory is inserted into slots dimm_a1 and dimm_b1 or dimm_a2 and dimm_b2. But with this configuration I just get a black screen. No sound is heard (like an error warning).

Even If I try them as single channel on dimm_a1 and dimm_a2 slots I get the same result as trying setting as dual channel.

The BIOS is the lastest released: version 0501.

Could you help me please?

Thanks.

Dual Channel is a function of the memory controller (MCH/Northbridge) and not the memory. If the memory fulfils the specifications for Dual Channel mode (identical timings, SPD and Bandwidth) then it is up to the memory controller to set to Dual Channel.

I would contact ASUS for the purposes of RMA.

Hi,

My memory Corsair Dominator 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF G is not working as dual channel on my PC. My Motherboard is a Asus P5K SE/EPU.

It only work as single channel on dimm_b1 and dimm_b2 slots.

Regarding Asus manual dual channel should work if the memory is inserted into slots dimm_a1 and dimm_b1 or dimm_a2 and dimm_b2. But with this configuration I just get a black screen. No sound is heard (like an error warning).

Even If I try them as single channel on dimm_a1 and dimm_a2 slots I get the same result as trying setting as dual channel.

The BIOS is the lastest released: version 0501.

Could you help me please?

Thanks.

Your timings are correct but I would disable Static Read Control. You need to set the modules in the first and third or second and fourth slots. As you have tried this and it doesn't work and as you have memtested the DRAM singly with no issue, then the next move is an RMA of the motherboard.

Archived