Corsair Community

dark core se profile switching problem

masterbunny

hi there,

i am experiencing a problem with the profile not switching based on the program link for each profile.

dark core se mouse firmware version 3.22, which icue tells me is the current version.

icue software ver 3.13.94, also latest version.

first, i'd like to say that my profile settings were working great when i first purchased my mouse just prior to the new year this year, so i've been using the mouse for roughly 3.5 months so far. i can't say at this point exactly when i first noticed this problem creep up, but it couldn't have been more than a couple of weeks ago.

the issue is that i have a multiple monitor setup, where i watch videos on one monitor using media player classic hc (mpc) with one profile attached to the mpc player. on the other monitor i do everything else, particularly web browsing using chrome browser which also has its own profile. as i stated, all was well until recently, the active profile seemed to get stuck on any of the profiles that i have defined and linked to different programs.

after some troubleshooting, i've found that the profile switching will work until i switch mpc to play video in full screen mode on the other monitor. if i have mpc play video in windowed more, or even in a maximized window, then the profile switching works fine, and the remapped buttons work correctly for each profile i have defined. go back to full screen video and the active profile seems to stay locked to the profile for mpc even when switching focus to chrome or anything else.

like i stated, all was well until recently, so i', guessing this must have been introduced in the last icue patch or two.

sorry for so much text. any suggestions to fix this problem would be appreciated. yes, i know i could simply continue to switch to windowed mode to work around this problem, but i hope this is an easily reproducible issue that can be easily fixed.

thanks!

Archived