Corsair Community

H80i and Corsair Link 2.2

twcron

Hello all!

I'm new to this forum and have dug around a bit already regarding the Corsair Link product.

I apologize in advance because I know there are various posts about what my issues are but given the age of some of the posts I would like to know the latest updates regarding them (I know...wishful thinking!)

So, I purchased the H80i and Corsair Link Cooling Kit. I installed everything without much issue.

When I downloaded The Corsair Link dashboard software (V 2.2) and installed it I thought things were golden. However, the only item that would work was the H80i. There were no issues there.

The Cooling Link kit would never be recognized by the dashboard software. The Commander was seen. The case fans hooked up to the Cooling Link were active (spinning) so I know that something was working.

After several itterations and after contacting Corsair Tech Support I RMA'd the Link stuff and sent it back for replkacement.

In the meantime I was running the H80i and dashboard software but noticed the HDD (Samsung 840 series) was being pinged every second or so. The Sierra2 service or something related to this is the culprit. I ended up uninstsalling the dashboard software and I'm no wondering if any of this was worth even considering to begin with?

Is there any hope here? Or is this the best this product will ever be?

I started out with the highest of hopes but am very disappointed after all this.

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

I feel your pain brother!. I have exactly the same issues and have also uninstalled the software. If you look at enough Link software forum threads you get the distinct impression that the Link program suite is (to be polite).....bugged.

I've unistalled/reinstalled, moved USB headers. hot plugged....and tried all the other suggestions posted on here to no avail. I'm willing to wait until several updates down the line but I ainty holding my breath to be honest. The H80i is a great product but the Link software is the weak link in the chain....shame really because it has the potential to be a real killer app.

I feel your pain aswell having purchased an h80i a couple of weeks ago. The link software is terrible and it seems corsair are not in a hurry to sort it out if ever. I own a few corsair products including memory and a power supply, after this i will not be purchasing anymore. I feel ripped off as i can not use the product to its full potential unless this problem is sorted out. To that ends i have reported corsair to my local trading standards as i feel they are not supporting their products and ultimately its customers. While i don't think much will come of it atleast it is noted. I have also made sure that folks i know, know about this shambles which in turn will make people aware of this problem before deciding wether to purchase.

Early next week comes a new version of software that solves this problem.

See reply from Corsair support to my question about the same problem.

-----------------------

2/23/2013 8:18:53 AM

hello,

Since a few days I"m in possesion of a H80I in my computer, the software corsaillink 2.x.x makes an activity every 2 seconds. It"s about a samsung 830 ssd which normally doesn't make a sound, but this activity is very loud. When I close the programm datalink it's immideately over, i'd like to hear from you what I can do about this beceause i feel my ssd hd is going to break now.

I hope to hear from you quickly beceause i'm affraid to use the programm right now.

-----------------------

2/27/2013 11:15:04 AM

Answer Corsair support:

The current SW version does access the drive constantly for logging but we have newer version that will not do data logging constantly but rather one time only. This version is going to be released early next week so my suggestion is, if the cooler is keeping your CPU temp within reasonable range, hang on to the cooler for now and wait till we release the newer version so you can fully take advantage of the Corsair Link feature.

And IF they release new software next week and that is a monstrous IF then I can pretty much guarantee that it will not work with Windows 8 or be compatible with the more recent Intel RST drivers. I haven't been able to use the software yet for those reasons. And I'm not downgrading to Win 7 and to old RST drivers that are slower and don't support TRIM in RAID to make it work. I'm looking forward to that new Swiftech H220.

2/27/2013 11:15:04 AM

Answer Corsair support:

The current SW version does access the drive constantly for logging but we have newer version that will not do data logging constantly but rather one time only. This version is going to be released early next week so my suggestion is, if the cooler is keeping your CPU temp within reasonable range, hang on to the cooler for now and wait till we release the newer version so you can fully take advantage of the Corsair Link feature.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't hold your breath !!!

People do use the link in windows 8 just have to adjust capability mode to win 7 at which you have a 50/50 chance.

That doesn't change the biggest problem with it not being compatible with the recent Intel RST drivers that allow TRIM in RAID on SSDs. They simply don't care about their customers after sitting on their thumbs for months with nothing.

That doesn't change the biggest problem with it not being compatible with the recent Intel RST drivers that allow TRIM in RAID on SSDs. They simply don't care about their customers after sitting on their thumbs for months with nothing.

Im sorry about that im the Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hide of the forums. I condemn the wrongs but protect the right. Like I said 50/50 some people got it to work, and you correct there should have been WAY MORE trial and error with the development of the software, but and I say this loosely hopefully the update in a few days (holds breath) will address this issue.

Archived