Corsair Community

H110i GTX fan speed linked to GPU

dalingrin

I have an H110i GTX hooked up via USB and I have the latest Corsair Link installed.

I am currently running on the Quiet profile but it actually doesn't matter which profile I use, the problem remains.

When I stress the CPU the fan speed slowly ramps up and stays both nice and quiet as well as cool. I have no complaints in this situation so far.

However, if I am doing something stressful on the GPU(GTX 980 Ti) then if the GPU reaches 85C the CPU fan shoots up to 100%. It doesn't matter the profile I choose it will just stay at 100%. Also worth noting that it isn't a smooth ramp up to 100%. Instead, the H110i GTX fan jumps between 100% and the previous setting several times. It sounds like someone revving a car. It does this for 3-4 seconds and then it just sticks to 100%.

In this situation the CPU never goes above 50C. Why is CPU cooler reacting to the GPU? At this point I can close whatever is stressing the GPU and it will take several minutes before the H110i GTX will go below 100% fan, even if I toggle between profiles in Corsair Link.

you need to provide additional info in order to get better help short of a guess,,what Os are you using,your version of software being used is needed

honestly it seems your profile is working as intended and you may need to make a curve profile...

Same issue over here using a GTX 970

I'm on Windows 10 build 10586 and corsair link version 3.2.5742.

If the computer is on standby its all good, if i start up prime95 and stress it for a couple of mins, the fans stays as the same, as quiet.

But as soon i start a game, or i stress'd the GPU, the fans starts spinning 100%, and there's no wait of stop it, unless i reboot, or close and open several times the software. I'm talking about corsair fans, not the GX fans.

Because Nvidia put the fans as turned off mean while the GPU is on certain temperature the fans wont start, of course if i start playing the fans starts to work, but i think there's something related.

The fans are REALLY NOISY at high performance 100%, i've them outside of my case, i think i'll have to put them inside and close the case. because its really annoying.

I'll try to make a curve and start from there but this shouldnt happen.

It does not sound right unless the fans are linked to the GPU temperature.

You can check this by clicking the fan and looking at the group. If its grouped to the GPU temperature, change it back to the H110iGTX Coolant Temp and see if that resolves the CPU fans responding to the GPU temperature.

It does not sound right unless the fans are linked to the GPU temperature.

You can check this by clicking the fan and looking at the group. If its grouped to the GPU temperature, change it back to the H110iGTX Coolant Temp and see if that resolves the CPU fans responding to the GPU temperature.

No its not grouped into anything, also i can only see just one fan, there should be two right? what if i want one full speed and one quiet?, do i've to config both fans? i guess?

I'm at h100i gtx brand new. great temps, but little noise and i wonder why people change the fans for a pair of noctua's.

Prevent LINK from starting when you login to Windows. Then stress test the GPU and see whether the fans still react to the GPU temperature. if it doesn't react, it's possible its a bug in LINK which would be odd so re do it with LINK running (after the first test) and see whether the fan speed changes once you start a GPU stress test.

Can you take a screenshot of the dashboard with the fan config panel open and showing it running at 100% with the coolant temperature, CPU temperature and GPU temperature visible?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure what is causing it anymore because it doesn't seem to be GPU temperature either. I'm guessing it is anytime the Cooler temp reads 40C but I need more testing to verify. This happens without Corsair Link or without it running. Every time it does this it jumps between a slow fan speed an 100% several times in rapid succession before it stays at 100%. Sounds like someone revving a car.

Here is a screenshot of it running at 100% fan speed while the CPU is between 40-55C even though it is in "Quiet" mode.

http://i.imgur.com/ShFhR3d.jpg

Your pump is on quiet mode, at 1890 instead of 2800+rpm on performance mode. Try to change that on corsair link and see what happens, click on pump speed on the right side of corsair link will open a tab there just choose on profile performance.

But as I see now you haven't saved a profile, then how or better why is pump running at 1890 rpm. Is there another program that controls the fans/pump on your system?

Hope it will solves your issue

Braxos,

I was running the pump on quiet mode at the time I posted the picture because I was testing things to find the exact condition that caused the fan speed ramp up. Ordinarily I do run it on performance mode.

Specs:

Main heat generators:

-i7-5820K @ 4.3ghz

-GTX 980 Ti

Case: Fractal Define S

Cooler: H110i GTX - in the front of the case configured to pull fresh air in

Since I last posted I tried a custom curve in Corsair Link again and now it seems to override this fan speed jump to 100% at 40C. When I tried this 6 or so months ago it didn't seem to work but perhaps a newer version of CL fixed it?

Dustin,

I do agree that coolant temp at 40C seems suspect given the low CPU temperature but I don't know what else I can do. I thought perhaps my case was getting too hot so I took the side panel off but didn't have a major effect on the coolant temp.

For now I am satisfied with this custom curve profile: http://i.imgur.com/eiIxgwi.png

It does seem odd that out of the box 40C coolant temp is a hard limit, I assume for the safety of the cooler, that can now be overridden by Corsair Link.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

@red-ray: you are my boss!

It looks like a software bug to me, as setting fan to be slow, let the water temp go over 40° without ramping fan speed.

I suspect (I'll made more tests) that latest setpoint of the fan curve is 100% even if it is set at a lower point.

Archived