The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2019, 12:41 PM
Troyhe98's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990835
Troyhe98 Reputation: 10
Default Future GPU/Motherboard Support

Anyone know if iCUE will support GPUs and motherboards? It seems to be the one pain point in trying to sync all my lightning options. iCUE is so close to being a complete solution outside of controlling motherboard and GPU lighting. Sure, I can download the other manufacturers solutions, but effects never sync right (I can match colors).
Old 01-21-2019, 01:02 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990836
DevBiker Reputation: 83

It's been talked about but nothing definitive.
It may not seem like it but it would be a pretty significant effort to integrate ALL of the various motherboard/gpu manufacturers SDKs into a single, consistent interface.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:56 PM
Troyhe98's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991803
Troyhe98 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
It's been talked about but nothing definitive.
It may not seem like it but it would be a pretty significant effort to integrate ALL of the various motherboard/gpu manufacturers SDKs into a single, consistent interface.
@DevBiker I am sure it is a significant effort; however, nirvana would be one RGB solution to rule them all. I just recently went all in with Corsair (minus the wireless gaming mouse) and it saddens me to either leave the RGBs on EVGA 1080ti FTW 3 off or not matching profiles that change. A few years ago I tried CUE and ended up returning my K95 because I didn't like the software. iCue is far and away more user friendly and am glad I made the switch. I just hope they keeping building it out (cough**more game custom lightning integration in games like we saw in Far Cry 5).