The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2019, 04:59 PM

POST ID # = 990699
Storx Reputation: 10
Default 1000D: Need some help with the commander pro

Hello all,

I am in need of some assistance, I just assembled my new corsair 1000D case, but instead of going with corsair fans for the RGB on the fans due to my poor luck with corsair fans in the past, I went with a Noctua + Phantek Halo Lux setup, but after assembling everything I noticed that the daisy chain connector from phantek Halo is different than the plug on the commander pro. Is there such an adapter to link these together? Really hope so...

Also, I have my dual D5 pumps plugged into Fan 1 on the commander pro, is there a way to change it from a fan in the software to a pump?

Old 01-20-2019, 05:27 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990705
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Phanteks uses a JST-SM connector for their RGB stuff.

You also want to keep track of the number of LEDs that you are running on a single channel. You don't want more than 60 LEDs on a single LNP or CP channel; 120 LEDs if you are using an RGB LED Fan Hub (I know ..... you have no fans but it's a power and signal distribution hub). And, of course, configuration in iCUE is going to be a challenge.

If you want to build your own adapter, you can check out http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174759. This has the Corsair parts. Phanteks, as I said, is JST-SM. On a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro Lighting channel, it'll be a straight-through connection from the Corsair Lighting Channel (Pin 1 => Pin 1, Pin 2 => Pin 2, Pin 3 => Pin 3).

Or if you just want to buy them, you can get them here: https://www.ebay.com/str/piratedogtech.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-20-2019, 05:56 PM

POST ID # = 990716
Storx Reputation: 10

Thank you for your reply,

As of right now I have 8 x phantek halo's, so approximately 144LEDs, but the fans are not being powered by the commander pro, I purchased 4 to 1 powered fan extenders, which plugs into psu power and only the signal and control is used by the commander pro. So is the led limit based on wattage or purely led count? The commander pro would basically be only powering the LEDs only.