The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2018, 03:35 PM
wecuttrees's PC Specs

POST ID # = 939190
wecuttrees Reputation: 10
Default K63 PS4 Fortnite Compatibility

Hey Corsair, I'm not sure if this is the place to post or if I should be posting this as a technical support request, but either way, I absolutely love the K63 keyboard and seriously wish that you guys would update the wireless functionality so that I can use the BIOS with the dongle for my PS4.

There are a ton of fortnite players out there and we don't sit in front of our screens like the PC guys do. We sit on our couches. So we want the wireless functionality and the product you have is absolutely gorgeous. But we don't want it to be wired.

So I shot this video
hoping that people will join with me to inundate you guys to get us a script or a firmware update so that we can give this beautiful product working with our PS4.

I talked to your customer support and they said that you guys are getting a lot of calls, I'm just hoping that it's catching your attention. Fortnite is a big audience with a lot of people and you have the very best wireless mechanical keyboard out there. But it's useless if I can't use it wirelessly for my couch.

Please give us a firmware update!!!! :-)

Old 02-06-2018, 03:52 PM

POST ID # = 939391
Holdsworth2018 Reputation: 10

JUST wondering how you actually got the wired keyboard I work with the PS4 because like at the moment is not working at all, works fine when binding but when I get to actually playing doesn’t move or work at all?

Old 02-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 939403
Corsair Michael Reputation: 10

Hi wecuttrees,

Thanks for the feedback and passion for the K63 Wireless family of products. The K63 Wireless Combo was designed for living room PC gaming and we haven't developed any HID products for console compatibility (short of taking advantage of open standards like the 3.5mm plug on HS50).

That said I will submit your request for internal review, thanks!

Last edited by Corsair Michael; 02-07-2018 at 01:32 AM.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:47 PM

POST ID # = 941708
GTPlus Reputation: 10

Agree, please add this if you can. Super bummed it din't work with the PS4 wireless. Couldn't get Bluetooth to work either.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:53 PM
Josey Wales's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941709
Josey Wales Reputation: 10

I can't even get it to work right on Windows 10 and you want a PS4 version..Lots of luck.

Old 02-22-2018, 02:58 AM

POST ID # = 941744
SSilv22 Reputation: 10

Is that wired way even possible? If so how. Bc I was truly bummed as well when I couldn’t play on PS4 as well. I have tried multiple ways and just can’t get it. PLEASE put up a how to if you can or have the time it would be greatly appreciated!!! -Just another PS4 hopeful

Old 02-23-2018, 10:10 AM

POST ID # = 941908
GTPlus Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSilv22 View Post
Is that wired way even possible? If so how. Bc I was truly bummed as well when I couldn’t play on PS4 as well. I have tried multiple ways and just can’t get it. PLEASE put up a how to if you can or have the time it would be greatly appreciated!!! -Just another PS4 hopeful

To get it to work in USB wired mode, you have to put it in BIOS mode.

Hold down both the Lock button(small round one on the top right of the KB) and the F1 key for about 5 seconds or so. When you release the buttons the LED indicator on the left will start flashing.

Should worked wired after that.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:40 PM

POST ID # = 942216
mattant Reputation: 10

I literally signed up just to post on this thread. I was so excited for my K63 lapboard combo that I bought exclusively for PS4. I have used a gazillion different wireless keyboards with 2.4ghz dongles with the PS4 with no issues, why on earth would a top tier class gaming keyboard designed FOR COUCH GAMING, be incompatible with consoles?

PLEASE PLEASE tell me this is possible via firmware update :(

The product seems amazing, build quality, keys, everything outstanding. But at the moment it is a doorstop to me.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:44 AM

POST ID # = 949832
zchep Reputation: 10

Same boat as @mattant. Is there any possibility to update this so that it works wirelessly? It's so lovely to use wired, but it does defeat some of the purpose of the living room use. I would love to buy the K63 lapboard to go along with it. But I'd need the keyboard to work wirelessly first. Frankly, I'd even be willing to pay for the update.

Old 05-24-2018, 07:19 AM

POST ID # = 955946
Denys06 Reputation: 10

Hello,

I'm in the same situation as everyone here, I buy all hadware : K63 + K63 support + DARK CORE mouse but the keyboard does not work without wires on PS4.

I ask Corsair that they makes an update of their keyboard so that it is PS4 compatible. For a keyboard "high end", it is not normal that other wireless keyboard works and not that one.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:56 AM
RickyK63Wireles's PC Specs

POST ID # = 956488
RickyK63Wireles Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Michael View Post
Hi wecuttrees,

Thanks for the feedback and passion for the K63 Wireless family of products. The K63 Wireless Combo was designed for living room PC gaming and we haven't developed any HID products for console compatibility (short of taking advantage of open standards like the 3.5mm plug on HS50).

That said I will submit your request for internal review, thanks!
Hello

Another one over here. I bought K63 Wireless + Lapboard to play with my PS4 from the chair, and the keyboard only works with cable (BIOS mode) which loses its usefulness ....

I have other 2.4Gz keyboards and also some cheap BT and they work without major problems. I do not understand how this K63 does not work...

Please please. It would be possible to escalate this problem and try to solve it in a firmware revision ?.

NOTE: Sorry for my bad English

Old 06-01-2018, 08:17 AM

POST ID # = 956966
plus.plus Reputation: 10

my hunch is that this is due to the encryption used for the 2.4GHz link, and the 'low latency' features of its bluetooth capability. can someone at Corsair confirm this?

the bluetooth I can understand because PS4 has rejected other peripherals that are non-standard/gaming class- eg. G603.
the G603 will connect via RF easily however, and I don't believe the mouse gestures are being encrypted

Old 07-18-2018, 10:47 PM

POST ID # = 964227
Ly_d_lira Reputation: 10

I have just bought the keyboard for the ps4 and just found out about this.. is corsair going to fix it? Or should I return it?

Old 07-19-2018, 11:27 AM
βetα Nayn Cat

POST ID # = 964316
Inheritance Reputation: 41

Since Corsair doesnt rate their devices for consoles, this isn't a bug but a feature request it needs to be evaluated for feasibility, difficulty, and the impact it would have on the userbase. One option is to put the keyboard into BIOS mode, which will turn off the lighting effects and macros but should allow the keyboard to work with the PS4.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 08-13-2018, 07:00 PM

POST ID # = 968382
SSilv22 Reputation: 10

Holding WINLOCK and F1 does not work to enter or exit BIOS for my K63 wireless.. talked to many techs they don't know whats going on its still in process

1 members found this post helpful.