The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2017, 03:54 PM

POST ID # = 928376
hiasamaki Reputation: 10

i just registered to the forum (hello^^) to give my two cents about this hardware playback thing with the LL120 fans..

these fans are AWESOME, i really love them - but if i knew that i'll be greeted at every boot by candy rainbows, i would have bought other fans. i have a triple boot systems and it's totaly unacceptable for me to use a mario kart rainbowroad system as a workstation.

i don't ask for real hardware playback, the option to change the default behavior to a static color would be totally fine (this is what i expected and what i know from other corsair rgb products)

sooo: if theres some way - even if i have to patch the firmware on my own and risk warranty - someone here could help my out on this, P L E A S E, i really don't want to give them back because of something stupid like THIS! (but i wont use a rainbow pc.. NEVER EVER!)

greetings from austria
me

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:09 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 928461
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

As I've mentioned before, we're working on returning hardware playback.

When hardware playback does return, one way you might be able to "cheat" would be to configure the fans as six HD RGB Fans and set them all to a static color. That would work out to 72 static LEDs, which would cover up to four LL fans. The remaining two on the chain wouldn't light and you'd have to use a separate channel if you wanted to control another four, but it's an option.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 12-02-2017, 07:59 AM

POST ID # = 928724
hiasamaki Reputation: 10

yeah i've seen this post, but you also mentioned hardware playback is not coming for LL fans. but this "cheat" is at least something for now, i will try asap with a firmware downgrade.
thanks a lot, this is good enough to keep this fans. even if this means loosing all LL specific effects when setting them to HD RGB fans. they even look stunning in static color, so thanks again, have a nice day!

Old 12-14-2017, 10:18 AM

POST ID # = 930520
Cropgun Reputation: 10

Found this thread while googling how to stop my LNP from booting in "look at me I'm a princess!" mode.

Glad to hear a fix is in the works. Earlier Dustin you mentioned the fix would be by the end of the year. Any updates on this?

Old 12-14-2017, 01:49 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930561
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

I have an internal beta drop I've been playing with that seems to do the trick. Assuming no bugs crop up during validation, you can expect it probably by the end of next week.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 12-14-2017, 04:10 PM

POST ID # = 930590
Cropgun Reputation: 10

Thanks for the update!

Old 12-14-2017, 04:12 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930591
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropgun View Post
LNP from booting in "look at me I'm a princess!" mode.
I LOVE that description lol

Old 12-22-2017, 08:35 PM

POST ID # = 931839
chrism2015 Reputation: 10
Default Demo lighting mode

I've updated the link software this evening and was hoping that the 'demo' lighting mode would be introduced, but it doesn't look like it has unless i'm missing something, is it going to be introduced at some point?

Old 12-23-2017, 07:23 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 931896

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrism2015 View Post
I've updated the link software this evening and was hoping that the 'demo' lighting mode would be introduced, but it doesn't look like it has unless i'm missing something, is it going to be introduced at some point?
Always check the LINK sticky at the top of the LINK Section buddy.. saves disappointment and also informs you if you need to upgrade or not!

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173268

Changelog:
Hardware playback restored for SP RGB fans, HD RGB fans, ML RGB fans, and RGB strips.

Bug Fixes:
Fixed situations where leaving Corsair LINK running for 3+ days will result in high CPU usage.

Known Issues:
Users connecting Lighting Node PRO or AXi USB dongle to Commander PRO USB hub may experience detection issues if Commander PRO is connected to an AMD chipset or ASMedia USB controller. (Fix ongoing.)
CPU core numbering may not report correctly for some users. (Fix ongoing.)
Extra fans may appear under motherboard info after Link is left running over an extended period of time. (Fix ongoing.)
Systems with AMD graphics cards may report one extra graphics card. (Fix ongoing.)
Mechanical hard disks may not enter sleep state. (Fix ongoing.)
Changing profiles does not change DRAM lighting. (Scheduled to be fixed in next release.)
LL RGB fans will require the Corsair LINK software to function. This is a limitation of the Lighting Node PRO and Commander PRO hardware.
CPUs with more than 16 cores will not report all cores. This is a limitation of Corsair LINK being a 32-bit application.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:30 AM
Paul_W's PC Specs

POST ID # = 938040
Paul_W Reputation: 10
Thumbs up Get rid of the “look at me I’m a princess” mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropgun View Post
Found this thread while googling how to stop my LNP from booting in "look at me I'm a princess!" mode.

Glad to hear a fix is in the works. Earlier Dustin you mentioned the fix would be by the end of the year. Any updates on this?
I hope this is useful to anyone but I found a bug and it gets rid of the “look at me I’m a princess” mode on LL120 fans. Well it’s worked for me and I found it by accident.

Hardware:
LL120 3 Fan Pack with Lighting Node PRO
Software:
Corsair Link v4.9.4.28
Lighting Node PRO v0.5.104

1. Setup all fans in Static Mode.
2. Downgrade firmware to version 0.4.94 (Antigua 0.4.94.bin) on the following link:
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=171536
3. In Link DON’T CHANGE the Blank Combo Box (Fan Type was LL120). i can select most modes except the last 3.

I works for me anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Link Settings.jpg (62.4 KB, 196 views)

Old 01-30-2018, 06:53 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 938052

Interesting.. I shall play when home from work lol :D..

Old 03-27-2018, 12:38 PM
Telling's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946839
Telling Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
So to answer a couple of questions: this new demo mode will be added to the software within the next couple of months for those who like it.

As for the loss of hardware playback in the most recent firmware, this was a sacrifice made for upcoming products that require software playback for their complex lighting effects. That being said, I totally understand and even share frustration about losing this feature. I'll be working with the software team over the coming weeks to offer an alternative or solution.
So has this demo mode been added with iCUE? Or will it be, its by far the best standard mode ive seen, yet never been selectable in Link/iCUE

Old 04-15-2018, 02:36 PM

POST ID # = 950402
OR_PC1 Reputation: 10

Registered just to post my frustration with the DEMO mode that is forced on users. The fans should store the last setting. How hard is that really?

Really unhappy about the $140+ spent only to have to constantly run the Link software but still have to deal with the rainbow effects on startup.

i tried downgrading the firmware on the Lighting Node Pro, but after that none of the versions of Link would see my Fans. The LNP was detected but no fans showed up. I had to upgrade the FW and Link again to get the fans detected.

Ticked off! Definitely WILL NOT recommend corsair fans to anyone in the future.

Last edited by OR_PC1; 04-15-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:45 PM

POST ID # = 950404
OR_PC1 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
Changelog:
LL RGB fans will require the Corsair LINK software to function. This is a limitation of the Lighting Node PRO and Commander PRO hardware.
How is this a limitation of the hardware when it used to work fine? Or is this just not a very detailed description in that the software is required to configure the fans, but is not needed to run all the time?

Last edited by OR_PC1; 04-15-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:49 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950409
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR_PC1 View Post
How is this a limitation of the hardware when it used to work fine?
The LL Fans have always been in "demo mode" until Link starts.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.