The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2017, 07:44 PM

POST ID # = 889920
idkartist3d Reputation: 10
Unhappy K70 RGB Lights working, keys not.

So I recently spilled a tiny bit of water on my K70 RGB, and it was messing up one of the keys (Specifically, it kept triggering the windows key), and the corresponding LED was going a bit wonky. No problem, I had spilled worse and been able to fix it before. So I opened it up and cleaned the board with isopropyl alcohol, then put it back together. Well, the lights were working (Although they were cycling through the default color profiles, and neither CUE nor CEE would recognize it as being plugged in), and the keys didn't do anything at all, not even the brightness button. First thing I did was restart my computer. Nothing. Then I tried plugging it into another computer. Same problem. Did some googling around, and uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers. Nope. Tried flipping it into BIOS mode. No dice. At this point I feel like it's a hardware issue, as it doesn't seem to work with other computers, and fiddling with drivers seemed to do nothing. On top of that, I've deduced which cables/connectors do what, as when I unplug this cable, which I'm assuming receives/sends the key presses, nothing happens (I'd assume it's broken/damaged, as it also looks kinda rough), and the other one turns off all the LEDs when unplugged.

So what do I do? I bought it quite a while ago, so it's probably not under warranty, and if it was, opening it up would've definitely voided it. I'm not too eager about shelling out $200 for a new one, so I'm curious if anybody can help. Thanks!

Old 02-05-2017, 08:30 AM

POST ID # = 889955
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Reset the firmware and see if that helps.

Unplug the keyboard, Hold down ESC while connecting the keyboard in.

Old 02-05-2017, 11:29 AM

POST ID # = 889992
idkartist3d Reputation: 10

Oh my god, I love you! You just saved me $200 :D
Thank you so much, dude!!!

Old 11-26-2017, 11:31 AM
AlfA01's PC Specs

POST ID # = 927824
AlfA01 Reputation: 10

Holding the ESC almost fixed my Strafe. It worked for about 10 seconds and then back to the same problem.

Tags
k70 rgb, lights, pls