The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x > CUE 1.x and 2.x SDK

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2016, 01:00 AM
GaNeBaL's PC Specs

POST ID # = 852299
GaNeBaL Reputation: 10
Default Overwatch Lighting Profile

So, it seems as though Razer has a lighting profile for the new Blizzard game Overwatch, where lighting changes depending on the character and what is going on in the game. Is is possible for anyone on these forums to maybe port the lighting from the Razer Blackwidow Chroma and put it into lighting profiles/SDK program for Corsair keyboards?

It changes depending on character and abilities.
There's tons of talented people here and I hope to have Overwatch lighting on Corsair Keyboards as well.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:44 AM
βeta Team (Alex Krastev)

POST ID # = 852354
krazykid Reputation: 30
Send a message via Skype™ to krazykid

I was planning on just making a profile with modes of each hero to match.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:40 PM
Yannicked's PC Specs

POST ID # = 852854
Yannicked Reputation: 10

My guess is that the Razer SDK has been baked into the game itself, until Blizzard creates something like valve did with CS:GO it would be pretty difficult.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:14 PM

POST ID # = 856974
MartPwnS Reputation: 10

I wrote a custom DLL replacing the RzChromaSDK64.dll in System32 which should have translated the calls from Overwatch to the razer sdk => corsair CUE sdk but despite it being somewhat working i got banned from Overwatch for hacking.

Leave this game alone and wait until Blizzard does provide some API or a safe way to receive these color effects.

Sad life and i did not even write to the game memory :(

If someone is interested in the dll i can upload the sourcecode to github maybe we get blizzard to allow these modifications.

Kind regards
MartPwnS

PS: Im trying to fight the ban but i wont ever tamper with this again until i get the OK from blizzard that its safe to do so.

Last edited by MartPwnS; 06-08-2016 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:54 PM

POST ID # = 867559
brainless Reputation: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaNeBaL View Post
Is is possible for anyone on these forums to maybe port the lighting from the Razer Blackwidow Chroma and put it into lighting profiles/SDK program for Corsair keyboards?
yes it is... see Aurora
Old 08-18-2016, 02:12 PM

POST ID # = 867809
Antonpup Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartPwnS View Post
I wrote a custom DLL replacing the RzChromaSDK64.dll in System32 which should have translated the calls from Overwatch to the razer sdk => corsair CUE sdk but despite it being somewhat working i got banned from Overwatch for hacking.

Leave this game alone and wait until Blizzard does provide some API or a safe way to receive these color effects.

Sad life and i did not even write to the game memory :(

If someone is interested in the dll i can upload the sourcecode to github maybe we get blizzard to allow these modifications.

Kind regards
MartPwnS

PS: Im trying to fight the ban but i wont ever tamper with this again until i get the OK from blizzard that its safe to do so.
This is strange, but not unusual. I have also written a custom RazerSDK dll for Overwatch a few month ago, it's used in my utility called Aurora. But so far, I have not received a ban, nor have I heard of anyone getting banned using my utility. The source code for my RazerSDK dll can be found here.

Your ban must have been due to loading additional dlls, which my implementation does not do. Would you mind uploading your source code, so I could see what might've triggered the anti-cheat.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:59 PM

POST ID # = 868455
MartPwnS Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonpup View Post
This is strange, but not unusual. I have also written a custom RazerSDK dll for Overwatch a few month ago, it's used in my utility called Aurora. But so far, I have not received a ban, nor have I heard of anyone getting banned using my utility. The source code for my RazerSDK dll can be found here.

Your ban must have been due to loading additional dlls, which my implementation does not do. Would you mind uploading your source code, so I could see what might've triggered the anti-cheat.
Hello,

They luckily unbanned me but told me to not try again until they release an SDK.
I did not load additional DLLs i tried my dll again on their PTR because they initially told me that they fixed a false positive.
And well it works now!

Kind regards

Last edited by MartPwnS; 09-26-2016 at 09:19 AM.