Corsair Community

RGB Keyboard Visualizer for Windows

CalcProgrammer1

I've made a new music visualizer app for the K70 RGB (along with Razer Chroma SDK), this time only for Windows using some Windows specific features to make it work better and easier to set up. It has a user interface now with some configurable settings and does not require a loopback device such as Virtual Audio Cable or Stereo Mix like my previous visualizer required. Simply download the program, set a static lighting profile (no reactive or effects, just a static color) in CUE, open my program, and start playing some music. The only other requirement is installing Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 (32 bit).

Source:

https://github.com/CalcProgrammer1/KeyboardVisualizerVCUI

Latest Build (v1.04):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Fq0HEJolPtYmtubVhtVWFVbnM/view?usp=sharing

Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (get the 32 bit version):

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

YouTube Demo:

[ame]

[/ame]

It definitely works with K70 RGB US layout and a YouTube user helped me add support for the German layout. Let me know if your particular layout has any missing LEDs and I'll try to add support for it. Same goes for K95 RGB/K65 RGB as these have a different USB PID/VID and won't work at all without additional support.

New build 1.04 adds a color wheel background option.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to use this with my K95 RGB (CH-9000062-NA), and maybe even my Scimitar. Is that possible? I'm not sure how to get the USB PID/VID for you, but if you tell me how, or give me a link saying how, I'll get right on that.

Looks like a great program, especially since you don't have to exit CUE (macros don't work anymore when CUE's closed!).

I'd love to use this with my K95 RGB (CH-9000062-NA), and maybe even my Scimitar. Is that possible? I'm not sure how to get the USB PID/VID for you, but if you tell me how, or give me a link saying how, I'll get right on that.

Looks like a great program, especially since you don't have to exit CUE (macros don't work anymore when CUE's closed!).

Elestriel updated hers. Id say she has the best one because she has been adding to hers for a while. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=139027

• 1 month later...

Elestriel updated hers. Id say she has the best one because she has been adding to hers for a while. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=139027

Was that really necessary?

As to the topic at hand, thanks for the profile I'll give it a whirl and I look forward to seeing where you take it.

Was that really necessary?

As to the topic at hand, thanks for the profile I'll give it a whirl and I look forward to seeing where you take it.

why not just have the one with the most features? no offense to this one or anything im just pointing out what has already been being developed by Elestriel for a LONG time which means its more improved.

Good job on the software non the less.

why not just have the one with the most features? no offense to this one or anything im just pointing out what has already been being developed by Elestriel for a LONG time which means its more improved.

Good job on the software non the less.

Why limit yourself to one? If we used that same logic then we could just all go home after the first profile was made. I presume Elestriel had to start somewhere much as the OP is doing now, why not give the OP time and encouragement to continue working on their profile rather than shooting them down? It just seemed needlessly harsh to trash their efforts and promote a similar profile in their thread.

Why limit yourself to one? If we used that same logic then we could just all go home after the first profile was made. I presume Elestriel had to start somewhere much as the OP is doing now, why not give the OP time and encouragement to continue working on their profile rather than shooting them down? It just seemed needlessly harsh to trash their efforts and promote a similar profile in their thread.

Why remake the wheel? Why not just improve it? I'm not intending to trash his efforts, instead of taking it offensively, take it as advice, maybe he can take what Elestriel has made and improve it. And even collaborate with Elestriel to make the best of the best instead of having everyone remake the wheel. By showing him that there is competition, it can influence him to make an even better one. If there is no competition, there is less improvement.

their profile

This is a software, not a profile.

Why remake the wheel? Why not just improve it? I'm not intending to trash his efforts, instead of taking it offensively, take it as advice, maybe he can take what Elestriel has made and improve it. And even collaborate with Elestriel to make the best of the best instead of having everyone remake the wheel. By showing him that there is competition, it can influence him to make an even better one. If there is no competition, there is less improvement.

This is a software, not a profile.

Maybe if you had offered it as advice and not in the form of a snarky put down then a recommendation to use someone else's profile or software, if you want to split hairs, then the OP would maybe take it as such.

I don't see what harm the OP is doing, I also don't subscribe to the rather childish view that this is somehow a competition, why can't the OP simply enjoy what they are doing without you trying to play them off against someone else.

TL;DR Just let the OP enjoy what they are doing and don't use it if you don't like it.

Maybe if you had offered it as advice and not in the form of a snarky put down then a recommendation to use someone else's profile or software, if you want to split hairs, then the OP would maybe take it as such.

I don't see what harm the OP is doing, I also don't subscribe to the rather childish view that this is somehow a competition, why can't the OP simply enjoy what they are doing without you trying to play them off against someone else.

TL;DR Just let the OP enjoy what they are doing and don't use it if you don't like it.

Youre clearly taking everything the wrong way, im not trying to forcing anything on anyone, not to discourage anyone, nor am i not allowing anyone to enjoy their own creation, am i wrong to suggest improvement and competition? It all depends on the type of person you are. None of what i said was a put down unless you see it as one. maybe what i said will encourage him?

Originally Zirq was asking how he can use this on his K95 and Scimitar so I gave him a working alternative, didnt intend to harm anyone

Youre clearly taking everything the wrong way, im not forcing anything on anyone, not harming anyone, nor am i not allowing anyone to enjoy their own creation, am i wrong to suggest improvement and competition? It all depends on the type of person you are. None of what i said was a put down unless you see it as one. maybe what i said was meant to encourage him?

You didn't do any of those things and it isn't a mater of taking things the wrong way, here I'll quote your comments and break it down for you since you seem to be struggling:

"Elestriel already made one tho http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=139027"

That isn't advice or encouragement, you are basically saying why bother someone else already did it, trying to claim anything different is frankly hilarious.

"Elestriel updated hers. Id say she has the best one because she has been adding to hers for a while. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=139027"

I literally cringed myself a set of wrinkles reading that, I realise you are still a child but really. Again this isn't advice or encouragement, unless you consider encouraging people to ignore the OP's work and look elsewhere as encouragement, it really isn't.

Again it's not a matter of me seeing anything and simply a matter of reading what you wrote, better to just own what you said instead of squirming around and trying to put a non existent positive spin on it.

You didn't do any of those things and it isn't a mater of taking things the wrong way, here I'll quote your comments and break it down for you since you seem to be struggling:

"Elestriel already made one tho http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=139027"

That isn't advice or encouragement, you are basically saying why bother someone else already did it, trying to claim anything different is frankly hilarious.

"Elestriel updated hers. Id say she has the best one because she has been adding to hers for a while. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=139027"

I literally cringed myself a set of wrinkles reading that, I realise you are still a child but really. Again this isn't advice or encouragement, unless you consider encouraging people to ignore the OP's work and look elsewhere as encouragement, it really isn't.

Again it's not a matter of me seeing anything and simply a matter of reading what you wrote, better to just own what you said instead of squirming around and trying to put a non existent positive spin on it.

Im 100 percent sure that your taking this a whole wrong way and your uninformed. calcprogrammer was once part of the Beta team which i am part of, Elestriel is part of the beta team too, i assumed calc didnt know about elestriels software and that he would go to Elestriel to work together since we are all in the Beta team and friends, we have been trying to develop things for Cue or make Cue better, Im not sure where Calc went recently. But i havint seen him around and he isint part of the beta team anymore.

I apologize i didnt explain that sooner and that it led to all of this, i didnt even realize how it looked on your side

Im 100 percent honestly sure that your taking this a whole wrong way and your uninformed. calcprogrammer was once part of the Beta team which i am part of, Elestriel is part of the beta team too, i assumed calc didnt know about elestriels software and that he would go to Elestriel to work together since we are all in the Beta team and friends, we have been trying to develop things for Cue. Im not sure where Calc went recently. But i havint seen him around and he isint part of the beta team anymore.

I apologize i didnt explain that sooner and that it led to all of this, i didnt even realize how it looked on your side

I think it's the way you phrased your comments, I personally wouldn't have spoken that way to someone I called a friend but then I'm a 36 year old guy, when I was your age I probably said a lot worse. :)

If you want to give someone advice or point out something that might be useful, then it's better to phrase it that way for example "hey Elestriel is working on something similar, you should check it out and see if you can help each other out" I figure when it comes to anything creative it's always better to err on the side of positivity, as it's all to easy to crush someone without realising it.

No apology necessary for me I just felt bad for the OP, but if he's fine and you are all friends then no harm done.

well Krazykid is right this program is miles behind and is useless in the fact that there is a more powerful one out there. Doesnt mean he cant make it and share it. No is telling not do improve it.

That's usually how things work with a first version of something compared with a more mature offering, the fact that there is a more powerful alternative doesn't render this useless, unless your definition of the word useless differs radically from the accepted norm.

I think it's the way you phrased your comments, I personally wouldn't have spoken that way to someone I called a friend but then I'm a 36 year old guy, when I was your age I probably said a lot worse. :)

If you want to give someone advice or point out something that might be useful, then it's better to phrase it that way for example "hey Elestriel is working on something similar, you should check it out and see if you can help each other out" I figure when it comes to anything creative it's always better to err on the side of positivity, as it's all to easy to crush someone without realising it.

No apology necessary for me I just felt bad for the OP, but if he's fine and you are all friends then no harm done.

Ive learned to be quick around the forum since im on it all the time haha and use alot of slang that might look offense i guess :P

Ive learned to be quick around the forum since im on it all the time haha and use alot of slang that might look offense i guess :P

Yah, every forum has it's tone and way of doing things, this is actually pretty cordial compared with some of the forums I've used over the years. I'm Scottish so slang, profanity and causing offence form the basis of my countries native dialect. :D:

• 10 months later...

Archived