The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 03:28 PM
RAPTOR 30 V1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 764000
RAPTOR 30 V1 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil80 View Post
Either uninstall the extension or switch Chrome's access authority to media keys to "in chrome" versus "global"
Sorry for the hijack - is this option within chrome itself or within the keyboard software?

Thanks.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:19 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 764250
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Raptor, try this extension in chrome: http://www.streamkeys.com/guide.html?installed=true

I've had very good luck with it for using media keys within the browser.

Old 03-13-2015, 05:28 AM

POST ID # = 765900
Eddie667 Reputation: 10

Hello, I had this happen to me as well. For me it turned out to be "Microsoft keyboard and mouse center" messing things up. Check to see if that's installed and get rid of it. Fixed it for me.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:06 AM
stevvie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 782591
stevvie Reputation: 10

and if the service is running but the stop/back/play/forward still don't work ?

Old 06-09-2015, 12:48 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 783825
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevvie View Post
and if the service is running but the stop/back/play/forward still don't work ?
What player are you using?

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 08-04-2015, 02:26 AM
Warbands's PC Specs

POST ID # = 793441
Warbands Reputation: 10

I had a similar issue, but mine was due the Plex Google Chrome extension that it seems Plex's website added. It completely took control of my media keys... what a pain in the ***. Hope that helps someone else. My trick to see what was going on was to view the list of extensions, then at the very bottom of the screen there was a "view hotkeys" clickable, doing so showed me all the various hotkey settings, and sure enough Plex was there taking over my media keys. Hope this helps someone else!

Old 08-05-2015, 06:15 AM
otterspace's PC Specs

POST ID # = 793677
otterspace Reputation: 10

Quote:
Restarting the HID service works for me... for a bit. Then the media keys stop functioning. The HID service says it is still running but I have to manually restart the service for it to work. I tried Auto and Auto (delayed). Neither make any difference.

The problem started the last few weeks on both w8.1 and now w10.

Thanks

Chrome, you slag!

This fixed it

Tools > Extensions > KB shortcuts > in my case it was Plex
Change Global to In Chrome

Last edited by otterspace; 08-05-2015 at 08:02 AM.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:20 PM
JohnOrion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 795578
JohnOrion Reputation: 13

Anyone figure out how to get the media controls to work with VLC?

Old 08-17-2015, 10:05 PM

POST ID # = 796570
MystaB Reputation: 10
Default Media Keys

I just noticed after having the keyboard for a few weeks after just getting it replaced with a RMA keyboard that the media keys don't work. It's on the pause/play and skip forward, the play one when works if you press down hard that you would be to the point of breaking the stand out hurting your finger and the skip forward just doesn't work. The other two are just fine, now the play just move freely like the skip back and stop key but the skip forward feels hard on the right side. I haven't spilled anything on the keyboard and I pulled the cap off it to see it was something stuck under it and nothing, so was wondering what it could be. This is my 3rd keyboard from the RGB series and also K95, trying to figure out if I have to go through the RMA once again when only having the keyboard for about a month. Now after posting this the mute/unmute is having a issue where it works when it wants to.

Last edited by MystaB; 08-17-2015 at 10:11 PM.

Old 08-25-2015, 04:40 AM
ChaosRifle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 801625
ChaosRifle Reputation: 10

Seems that even with auto restarting enabled it does not quite fix it for me. Setting the HID service to auto restart, as well as to never stop auto restarting, it still stops working, but only after a few more hours then before....

Last edited by ChaosRifle; 08-26-2015 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Poor wording due to lack of sleep :P

Old 08-27-2015, 05:02 PM

POST ID # = 803077
Chez Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil80 View Post
If you're using Chrome and installed Google Music extension, then Chrome will hijack your media keys.
Either uninstall the extension or switch Chrome's access authority to media keys to "in chrome" versus "global"
Plex can also hijack these keys in Chrome.. just change from global to in Chrome.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:34 PM
zopert's PC Specs

POST ID # = 804403
zopert Reputation: 10

I'm having an issue with the media keys not behaving as expected. Although I've had my K70 for a while, I've never really used anything besides the Mute key and volume wheel until today, so I'm not sure if this is a recent issue or if it has always been like this.

Mute and volume wheel work correctly universally.
Stop works correctly only in VLC, otherwise does nothing.
Next track button triggers both next track and mute.
Previous track button does nothing.
Play/pause does nothing.

I've tested this in various media players (VLC, Windows Media Player, WinAmp, BSPlayer, Groove Music). When attempting to manually assign the buttons in VLC, VLC doesn't even recognize when I press the previous track or play/pause buttons. I do not have that Google Play Music extension installed.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Old 10-27-2015, 02:25 PM
krazyxazn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 816573
krazyxazn Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbands View Post
I had a similar issue, but mine was due the Plex Google Chrome extension that it seems Plex's website added. It completely took control of my media keys... what a pain in the ***. Hope that helps someone else. My trick to see what was going on was to view the list of extensions, then at the very bottom of the screen there was a "view hotkeys" clickable, doing so showed me all the various hotkey settings, and sure enough Plex was there taking over my media keys. Hope this helps someone else!
Thanks, fixed my issue.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:19 PM
smokeyjon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822925
smokeyjon Reputation: 10
Default K70 RGB, Windows 10, and Winamp working correctly

I recently rebuilt my system and after struggling to remember how I had configured Winamp previously, I decided to post it here in case anyone else found it useful.

This is of course my opinion of "correct" but I do think this is the best configuration for usage of the media keys. The problem with the "out of the box" configuration is that the keyboard volume roller simultaneously changes both the Winamp and main system volume. This fixes that.

Setup is Windows 10 x64, Winamp 5.666, and the latest CUE. This should be valid at least back to Windows 8, and probably 7.

1. Make sure Winamp is either the only media player selected in CUE Settings, or else has Max Priority set.

2. Open Winamp and CTRL+P to open Preferences. Select "Global Hotkeys" from the tree on the left.

3. Disable the first tick box (Enable WM_APPCOMMAND messages).

4. Enable the second tick box. This activates the hotkey box below. Unless you intend to use them, remove the CTRL+ALT+X commands (you will otherwise get an error that some of them are already in use by the OS - this can be ignored either way).

5. Close the Preferences box and restart Winamp.

Resulting behavior: The volume roller on the K70 will now control the Windows system volume UNLESS Winamp has focus - in which case it will control the Winamp volume only. Mute will always be system-wide. The four media keys will continue to work regardless of what app has focus.

I hope someone finds this useful. I'm also sure this would work for any other CUE-supported keyboard.

Old 12-15-2015, 04:50 AM
swarfega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 825696
swarfega Reputation: 13

I dont' see keyboard shortcut settings in Chrome.