The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 03:47 PM

POST ID # = 597803
Deleu Reputation: 10
Default Need help with Raid 0

I bought two Corsair Force GT 60GB (CSSD-F60GBGT-BK) in order to make Raid 0 with them. Problem is, whenever I plug both of them in the computer and try to make Raid 0 with them, controller gives me the status as "Failed" and I can't proceed. One of the SSD's always gets into the Raid array, but the other one keeps on "Non-Raid" Status. if I switch the slot they're plugged (SATA3_0, SATA3_1), it switches which SSD gets worked out and which one fails.

I tried this with a GA-H67M-D2-B3, which is a Gigabyte MoBo that suppors SATA 3 and Raid 0 and I also tried this in a GA-790XT-USB3, which doesn't support SATA 3, but also supports RAID 0 and in both of them I get the same problem.

I already used both MoBo to make RAID 0 with 2xHDD and I also managed to make RAID 0 with 1xSSD & 1xHDD, although it was just for testing, not my goal.

Anyway, I can't get to make RAID 0 works with both SSD's. They're identical, except for the Serial Number.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 597852
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

I would suggest running Parted Magic and secure erase both drives and try it again.
If it fails aagin please identify the failing drive then use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace it.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Turbonerfs101e's PC Specs

POST ID # = 597904
Turbonerfs101e Reputation: 10

Hi Deleu

I think that GA-H67M-D2-B3 use the marvell 9128 as sata3 controller
This controller use a pcie 1x and it is not able to andle full speed ove sata3 SSD and it is even wosrt if you do raid.
I got the same controller in my Intel X58 motherboard and i but a highpoint 2720SGL pcie 8x SAS to SATA controller

I don't said that you don't have a problem with one ove yours SSD. Because i was able to do a raid 0 but it was slower then only one ssd with th marvell 9128

Hope this help
Sincerly yours

Old 08-22-2012, 01:58 PM

POST ID # = 598119
Deleu Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
I would suggest running Parted Magic and secure erase both drives and try it again.
If it fails aagin please identify the failing drive then use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace it.
The problem is that BOTH disks manages to work perfectly, depending on the order that I put them. After I press enter on "Create the Raid" one of the SSD gets marked as "Disk (0)" and the other keeps on "Non-Raid Disk". If I switch the cable on the motherboard in order to switch which one is first and which one is second, the disk that fails change. I mean, everytime I try to create Raid, the first disk is set to Array perfectly and the second one fails no matter which one is the second.

I also thought it could be my motherboard or either of the connectors but as I metioned, I tried two different Motherboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbonerfs101e View Post
Hi Deleu

I think that GA-H67M-D2-B3 use the marvell 9128 as sata3 controller
This controller use a pcie 1x and it is not able to andle full speed ove sata3 SSD and it is even wosrt if you do raid.
I got the same controller in my Intel X58 motherboard and i but a highpoint 2720SGL pcie 8x SAS to SATA controller

I don't said that you don't have a problem with one ove yours SSD. Because i was able to do a raid 0 but it was slower then only one ssd with th marvell 9128

Hope this help
Sincerly yours
Well, it helps that now I'm gonna think twice before buying another SSD to make Raid. I actually bought 1 SSD and one of my friends bought another (two identical). So I had the idea of testing a Raid 0 to see the performance. Unfortunately I didn't manage to test it to see how it goes.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 598223
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

I would try and create the RAID with the On board S-ATA controller that is part of the chipset I think you will find it works much better.