The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Customer Service > Warranty and RMA Questions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 08:06 PM

POST ID # = 549121
OJay77 Reputation: 10
Default If I ever needed customer care in my entire life, it would be now...

First of all, hey everyone

As a PC enthusiast, I build a new rig every 3-4 years. This year, I decided I'd order online than buy locally and ordered two identical systems (one for me, one for my friend) each of which had THREE corsair products because of the positive user reviews corsair gets on the quality of their products (which I honestly am going to question today) and their top-notch customer service (that part I hope and am certain is true).

I live in Dubai and have ordered online through amazon 2x HX1050's, 2x 2x4GB Corsair LP DDR3 1600 kits, and 2x Corsair H100s.

I've only built one system so far and honestly I was sort of surprised the vengeance LP RAM could not actually run at its sticker rated settings (1600 9 9 924 at 1.5V) without giving memtest errors which forced me to dial the frequency back to 1333 which was stable. That, however, I can swallow. No problem.

The H100 installed was great, and silent at medium and low settings. However, just 20 minutes ago, I noticed the fan controller LEDs died and I can no longer control fan speed. I also noticed one of the fans starts working on boot up but then stops working. The other fans keeps spinning at max speed (throttles down to medium-low and back to high always). I trial and errored and found out that only the rightmost fan connector on the pump is stable (as in a fan connected to it will keep spinning) and the other 3 are NOT (fan spins on bootup then stops). Also fan controller is not working. (it's been 3 weeks since I put this system together). Tried resetting the firmware by holding the fan profile button, waiting, then shutting down, then holding it for another five seconds on boot. Nada. Pump is working cus when I hook the fans to the motherboard connectors and run prime95 CPU is below 60. ALSO, my batch is not the one with the faulty fan controller that corsair warned off. I checked it.

These 6 items (2 out of which dissapointed me so far, honestly) cost me a lot to order let alone the cost of international shipping. I could not find them locally and had to order online.

I really do not care about the RAM, but I do need the properly functioning cooler that I should've gotten from the get-go that I shelled out a 100USD for just 3 weeks ago. Corsair, my hope is in your customer service.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 549123
Wired Reputation: 32

Apply for an RMA through Amazon or Corsair.

As for the memory, what motherboard / CPU do you have?
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)
Old 12-20-2011, 04:05 AM

POST ID # = 549190

Where are the corsair support officials on these forums? how come no one is looking at this? or responding?
Old 12-20-2011, 04:48 AM

POST ID # = 549193

I applied through corsair and am waiting for the response. Will I have to ship it myself to the US? :s
Old 12-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 549246
Wired Reputation: 32

They're not 24/7. The thread was started an hour before they closed, and as of this post it's only an 30min-1hr after they've opened for the day. There's 2 other RMA depots in the world. They'll inform you which one to send it to (either NL or Taiwan).
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)
Old 12-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 549273
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

What was your case number and I will send our customer service a message to expedite this for you. But Customer service does not monitor the forum. And It would be best to get the RMA number then call our customer service by phone and ask for an advanced replacement. The number is listed under Contact on the main site. You can install Skype and call the toll free number for free.