Corsair Community

Corsair 620HX 620W psu.....

Trillock

Just ordered one today from Novatech, and hopefull be here tomorrow.....whooppeeee......:D:

After reading loads of reviews including one by JonnyGURU I finally hit the 'buy' button....:biggrin:

My current Tagan 530W easycon unit will go into storage as a spare.....:cool:

Why choose the Corsair unit from all the others ?

Good reviews.

Good build quality.

5 year warranty.

From what I can gather, very good customer support too, which hopefully I shall not be needing....:biggrin:

Ordered yesterday from Novatech, and arrived this afternoon.......and installed about 30 mins or so later :D:

I would say the noise is a touch louder than my previous Tagan 530W Easycon unit, but only if I concentrate hard to pick it out amongst the whoosh of the 3 x 120mm and the 92mm case fans, the Zalman 9500led cpu cooler and gfx card.

I can only really hear it if I shove my ear up against the rear of my Kandalf case.......so noise is not really an issue for me.

Very nice looking unit, and the modular connectors to the PSU make a nice firm connection. The flat cables are nice too, and much easier to bend and hide than the normal sleeved rounded ones.

Nice touch.

It should do me nicely should I venture into SLI and AM2 at a later date.:cool:

Hey guys received my psu today.. i must say first impressions, i was quite impressed with the build quality and how quiet this thing ran. i have not got a chance to hook it up yet and torture it, the rest of my stuff is coming tomorrow. but i was quite impressed with the quality of it so far. turned it on outside the case, as far as this buzz ppl are hearing, ur joking right? the only way u hear it is if u put ur ear to the psu. can we say ultra paranoid lol :laughing: but anyways i will keep u updated after i get some load and my new system hooked up. corsair keep up the good work, keep makin psu's like this and i will def keep buying! :D:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the HX620 has been running for a while, and has made my puter much more stable than using my previous unit.

What impresses me, is that when I shove my hand over the rear of the unit, all that comes out is nice cold air......:D:

This is whether I am just browsing or playing my latest game....JTF.......so only cold air exhausted out the back is a first for me.......happy days :D:

Oh, no buzzing noises for me, whether my earole is glued to the unit or not :D:

First time I've EVER heard of someone breaking an SATA connection.

Yeah...I guess I'm the first...since it's not more than 1month old, am I able to get a replacement SATA connector for free?

P.S. I think it's a stupid question to ask. You can flame me for this if it is...The 620HX already comes "SLI Ready", but are these also "Crossfire Ready"...reason why I'm asking is because some PSUs' I've seen on the web can do both. Let me know when you have time...Mahalos in advance.:D:

P.S. I think it's a stupid question to ask. You can flame me for this if it is...The 620HX already comes "SLI Ready", but are these also "Crossfire Ready"...reason why I'm asking is because some PSUs' I've seen on the web can do both. Let me know when you have time...Mahalos in advance.:D:

Search the power supply forum, loooong story :)

Archived