Corsair Community

2 questions about TwinX 1024 3200 LL Pro

RandyS

Hi Ram Guy I just finished building an Abit IC7-G system, and I have 2 quesions for you about it. Along with the IC7-G (BIOS 19), I have a P4 3.0C with TwinX 1024 3200 LL Pro RAM. I'm running everything @ stock/SPD. 1. I noticed that the SPD setting for the RAM in BIOS is showing as 2.5, 6, 3, 2. However, the documentation for the RAM has it as 2, 3, 2, 6. The order between the BIOS and what your documentation has may be a little different, but I'm wondering about why the CAS latency indicated 2.5 instead of 2. Any ideas? 2. I had a lockup playing a game, and wanted to run the voltage up a little on the RAM. I'm already running it at 2.7 in the BIOS (Winbond shows it at 2.67). What is the highest, safest voltage you can go with the RAM? Thanks Randy Schroder

• Corsair Employee
This is common and most of the MB's with this chipset, will set the timings to Cass 2.5 when set to By SPD and you can set them manually to the tested settings. Also the max supported voltage is 2.8 Volts. But I would suggest that you test the system with the timings set both ways and see which gives the best results as the By SPD setting may give better over all performance.

Archived