Corsair Community

4 x GPU - 1000D - 21 Fans - Help needed!

UMUX

Hi guys,

I'm in need of some help! So I'm building quite a major rig with 4 x 2080ti inside a Corsair 1000D. My motherboard is a Gigabyte X299 Aorus Master.

I got watercooling from EKWB. And I'm in the process of building it. I got RGB fans from EK and in hindsight it would have been wiser to get Corsair fans as I then could have used RGB LED hubs. Since I can't, I'm really struggling to get my head around how to connect it. Zotty's diagrams are helpful but doesn't work for me since I don't use Corsair fans..

I've created a diagram that shows all the key elements that either needs to be connected to fan headers or/and RGB.

I'm really not sure what the solution is. I do have several 1 to 4 PWM splitters and 1 to 4 RGB splitters from EKWB that I thought I could use.

Not sure if I can add splitters on all the motherboard fan headers. According to motherboard website, fan headers "supports High Current Fans up to 24W(2AX12V) with Over-Current Protection".

Please see this diagram. I've created this basically based on what I have. Not sure if I should be daisy chaining 4 Commander Pros and using 1 to 4 splitters on Fan and LED outs.

Any ideas?

rgb-and-fans.jpg

hey bud...

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

that should cover what you need to know....

this should cover what you want to do for your front fans..

http://i.imgur.com/XjbXvSfl.png

Thanks Zotty. Your thread is awesome but I didn't want to hijack it! :biggrin:

But I'm of the understanding that the Corsair RGB LED Hubs only works with Corsair fans?

My bad.. i assumed Corsair fans.. not sure how i could be of help with this buddy. i will add.. beware how many fans you put on the Commander Pro. Sata Powered with 4.5a Limit for the entire unit... this includes its MCU as well as a 1a limit per fan header. (note.Not Officially supported but there is no reason why you can not use Fan header Splitter cables but its been noted triple fan splitters cause issues)

You mentioned EKWB RGB fans ... what RGB system do they use? 12V or 5V? Do you have pictures of the connector?

IMG-2378.jpg

Thanks. They are all 4 pin 12V. All the RGB from GPU Waterblocks and the other sources in the diagram are all 4pin too.

I understand this is a Corsair forum, so I guess there's a limit to what I can ask, but given this is for a 1000D, I hope I'm not going across a line.

I may have to look at other RGB LED controllers. There's a few brands out there, but not sure if they can be daisy chained. If not, I'll run out of USB ports.

Archived