Corsair Community

Need some info (Air 740)

Aenra

Hello,

Am trying to find out if the following will fit:

264mm GPU, with a 76mm rad+fans combo in the front.

(340mm total)

Now i've seen the "330mm maximum length" spec for the GPU, but i'm not sure if this applies with the stock front fans mounted, or with them removed.

Sounds a bit.. basic, but, you know. Would really appreciate any info.

And no offense meant, but if your reply will start with "i think", please don't, it's not helping.

Thank you for reading :)

Yes, it should fit

I remember you from quite some time back, nice to see you're still around helping. Thank you very much for replying :)

You'll forgive the follow up i hope, but just to be clear, those 52mils is your rad alone right? Sans the fan's extra 25?

I almost feel bad asking this, but.. your reply will signal an actual purchase, so, best to make sure. Hope you'll excuse me.

And regardless, many thanks once more! Added some rep. This is almost like deja vu.

I've measured again, after coffee.

My Titan X (P) XSPC block is 264mm according to specs (I originally added 1mm on both ends for safety). On the front of my case is a 27mm thick HW Labs Black Nemesis + a single layer of HD140s (25mm). There is the 52mm from the front, buy I will round up to 55mm because that is what I measure from the front frame. I have a 38mm gap between the highest point on the HD140 (mounted) to the furthest tip on the on the GPU.

If your radiator fan stack is exactly 76mm, then the additional 21-24mm in your stack should leave you with 14-17mm of space. That's not a lot, but it does fit.

Thank you both for taking the time, really appreciate it :)

There's really only about 330mm of space between the wall of the GPU bracket to the front of the case

I've measured again .. should leave you with 14-17mm of space

We have a conflict of opinions it seems! I'm dazed and confused.

But to explain further, the GPU is 264mm as per manufacturer's specs. The rad/fan combo is an H115i 280 Extreme with push-pull fan setup, equaling a total of 76mm; amounting to the above mentioned 340mm .

(i know doing push-pull on a thin rad is.. yeah; but since i am, let's please not veer off topic)

Once again, i appreciate your taking the time to respond.

"(i know doing push-pull on a thin rad is.. yeah; but since i am, let's please not veer off topic)"

It seems to me, that if the extra fans are what stop you installing the rad and the gpu that you want, in the case that you have/want, that is very much ON topic, especially when you consider that they may only gain you 1 or 2 degrees and may well add to the noise.

I think the discrepancy is measuring total length and subtracting the spec lengths vs measuring with the actual hardware installed. I will try and get a picture up later.

I took a few shots. The camera perspective is not quite perfect and I didn't use a tripod and leveler to make it that kind of shot. However, I did stick a big fat ML140 LED on the front that was sitting on top of the bolts from the underlying fans to create a worst case scenario. It is definitely tight with only 9-10mm in that arrangement. Note there may be some other difficulties. I included a shot up top where my ATX cable goes back through the grommets. That likely can't happen with another layer of fans. I also included some corner shots to show what happens with front and top 280mm radiators installed. It is as tight as can be. I am not sure what your general plan is for the rest of the case, but dual radiators has a few limitations depending on size. (Link to the GPU block for length verification)

http://www.mediafire.com/?lrhf9vam33q3o

It seems to me

Which is why i went to such efforts in terms of specificity; as i appear to have failed however, i could perhaps rephrase: if my stuff fits (hence my enquiring in the first place), i'll be happy to purchase one. If not, onwards to something else.

I think the discrepancy is measuring total length and subtracting the spec lengths vs measuring with the actual hardware installed. I will try and get a picture up later.

Once again, sincere thanks for taking the time and i mean it. I'm really grateful, with or without the pic :)

Archived