Corsair Community

570X + fans related

Daemonius

Hi all,

I've tried reading through the forums and finding an answer for my question. Got close but not on point.

I am planning on getting 570X, now the problem comes with the fans, there are 6 places for fans, 3 pre-installed. But the motherboard I am planning on getting has only 5 pin headers.

So if I'll get 3 extra fans, the same type that are already there. Do I need one splitter to get them all to being controlled through software.

What if I buy the Commander Pro, would I then connect the 6 fans RGB leads to the RGB controller that comes with the case and then 4 fans to the CP (because I would have to connect H100i fan header to MB CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT headers.

Oh and could I fit the H100i rad on the top with the fans on the upperside as pull.

The whole build, at the moment, looks like this.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Daemonius/saved/#view=sqbbvK

1. The SP120 RGB LED fans are 3-pin voltage and the H100iV2 can only control 4-pin PWM fans you should get 2 x HD120 RGB LED so the H100iV2 can control them.
  2. If you get a CLCP (Corsair Link Commander Pro) it can control up to 6 fans, both 3-pin + 4-pin.
  3. The CLCP can also control the LEDs, but the SP and HD fans need to be connected to different ports, so you need 2 x LED HUBs/Controllers.
  4. I would be inclined to get the 3 x HD120 + controller kit.
  5. If you get a CLCP then CL4 should be able to control all the case and H100iV2 fans and you will avoid any possible conflicts with CL4 and whatever you use to control the MB controlled fans.
  6. It would be easier to help you if you used http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra.

1. The SP120 RGB LED fans are 3-pin voltage and the H100iV2 can only control 4-pin PWM fans you should get 2 x HD120 RGB LED so the H100iV2 can control them.
  2. If you get a CLCP (Corsair Link Commander Pro) it can control up to 6 fans, both 3-pin + 4-pin.
  3. The CLCP can also control the LEDs, but the SP and HD fans need to be connected to different ports, so you need 2 x LED HUBs/Controllers.
  4. I would be inclined to get the 3 x HD120 + controller kit.
  5. If you get a CLCP then CL4 should be able to control all the case and H100iV2 fans and you will avoid any possible conflicts with CL4 and whatever you use to control the MB controlled fans.
  6. It would be easier to help you if you used http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra.

Hi, and thanks for answering. I have updated my specs, bear(bare?) in mind that this is the future one that I am building, nothing has been bought yet.

Let's say that I'll end up buying the 570X case and leave those fans in the front that come with it. Then I buy 3 pack with controller of those HD120's and use one of the as exhaust and 2 in H100i v2 (if I can get it to fit...). Then I'll buy CLCP and connect all 6 fans to that. (or 4 because 2 would go to the H100 pump and one lead from that to the motherboard.

Is there something I am missing?

Can I use CL4 to control those fans LED's if they are connected just to the MB headers? Because what I didn't realize in my opening post was that H100i fans connect first to the pump and then with one lead to one header. So I can actually connect 6 fans to 5 leads with no extra splitters...

There are many combinations and as follows is what I recommend.

1. CL4 can't control fans that are connected to MB headers.
  2. AFAIK the HD + SP fan LEDs can't be connected to the MB.
  3. CL4 can control the fan LEDs if they are connected via the CLCP.
  4. Each fan has two connections, one for the fan and one for the LEDs.
  5. If you get the CLCP then CL4 can control all the fans + LEDs.
  6. 2 x HD fans should be connected to the H100iV2. Both will run at the same speed, but only one fan speed will be reported.
  7. 1 x HD fan + 3 x SP fans should be connected to the CLCP. Each can be independently controlled and all 4 speeds will be reported.
  8. 3 x SP LEDs should be connected to the CLCP LED port 1 via the LED hub that comes with the case
  9. 3 x HD LEDs should be connected to the CLCP LED port 2 via the LED hub that comes with the 3 pack.
  10. You will not need any extra fan Y or other cables.

You may wish to get 6 x HD fans as HD fans have 12 LEDs that be independently controlled so the lighting effects you can get are "prettier".

There are many combinations and as follows is what I recommend.

1. CL4 can't control fans that are connected to MB headers.
  2. AFAIK the HD + SP fan LEDs can't be connected to the MB.
  3. CL4 can control the fan LEDs if they are connected via the CLCP.
  4. Each fan has two connections, one for the fan and one for the LEDs.
  5. If you get the CLCP then CL4 can control all the fans + LEDs.
  6. 2 x HD fans should be connected to the H100iV2. Both will run at the same speed, but only one fan speed will be reported.
  7. 1 x HD fan + 3 x SP fans should be connected to the CLCP. Each can be independently controlled and all 4 speeds will be reported.
  8. 3 x SP LEDs should be connected to the CLCP LED port 1 via the LED hub that comes with the case
  9. 3 x HD LEDs should be connected to the CLCP LED port 2 via the LED hub that comes with the 3 pack.
  10. You will not need any extra fan Y or other cables.

You may wish to get 6 x HD fans as HD fans have 12 LEDs that be independently controlled so the lighting effects you can get are "prettier".

Cool, 6 HD's are 2x95€, maybe a bit too much at the start for me but I'll keep that in mind. All in all I am waiting for the light show to begin. :biggrin:

Thank you for your help.

Archived