Corsair Community

Name: EMP

Description: This profile runs through a rainbow wave across the entire keyboard. Once a key is pressed however a blue ripple is sent out and the keyboard goes dark for several seconds, eventually 'power' is restored and the keyboard goes back to its wave.

Video:

[ame]

[/ame]

Attachment:

EMP.prf

When i install this i get the wave but dont get the "EMP" effect when a key is pressed, where am I going wrong?

I'm not sure. Do you have a K70? if not it may be the problem.

Otherwise check under the 'Type Lighting' in the profile dropdown menu.

How can I make the keyboard be a solid color instead of no color at all? I love the effect though.

Ok, with the 'All' grouping selected, right click and click on 'clear' this should get rid of the rainbow wave effect, then you can assign your own colors :greengrin

Ok, with the 'All' grouping selected, right click and click on 'clear' this should get rid of the rainbow wave effect, then you can assign your own colors :greengrin

I think he means more that when the "emp" goes out, all of the keys go dark. Would it be possible to have that instead be a solid color instead of no color, such as possibly a 33% intensity red (representing an emp knocking out all power and using emergency lights) or plain white so the blue ripples have a nice transition?

I was also thinking about it, so just wanted to share my thoughts :3

Regardless, this looks fantastic, Im loving it!

How can I make the keyboard be a solid color instead of no color at all? I love the effect though.

"Ok, so what you've got is a ripple effect set to a group of keys. Clear that, what you're after is under the profile dropdown menu (the three lines button).

Select 'Type Lighting' and then press on 'Multiple' add your lighting effects and you're good to go!"

Taken from author's youtube channel comment :3 Might be what you were lookin for, certainly was for me.

I think he means more that when the "emp" goes out, all of the keys go dark. Would it be possible to have that instead be a solid color instead of no color, such as possibly a 33% intensity red (representing an emp knocking out all power and using emergency lights) or plain white so the blue ripples have a nice transition?

I do apologize everyone! I just re-read this entire thread :bigeyes:

I must've been dead tired when I wrote that response. :sigh!:

I think I miss-took the request to mean no rainbow effect.

To get rid of the 'blackout' part of the EMP:

- Go into the 'Type Lighting' ->'Multiple'

- Change the black colour to whatever pattern you like, this includes solid colours. (Note, for that emergency lights. You have to use a dark red on full intensity to get the effect to work otherwise the rainbow will still shine through.)

Hope that helps a bit more!

Loving your profiles, Is there a way to combine them like for this one I would like to have the keyboard be thunderstorm and then when you type it has the lightning followed by the emp effect.

Combining would take a bit of doing but it should still be achievable. You wont get the type lighting effects from the lighting but the way to do it is:

-Import both profiles

-Export Thunderstorm as a mode

-Import Thunderstorm mode into EMP profile.

I think that should be enough, you may need to tweak a few things

I wish there was a simple tool that could convert K70's profiles to K95's and vice versa :)

That would be pretty damn nice. Or even just let the program import them properly.

Also the profile is awesome, The music kind of reminds me of the fifth element :):

Thanks mate! :greengrin

• 1 month later...

I really love this profile, but would it be possible to make it work in reverse?

Like the keyboard starts out black, no colour whatsoever, and then when you press a key the keyboard Powers On with the blue EMP effect and then begins running the rainbow sequence until no key has been pressed for 10 seconds or so.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've just imported this profile to my K65 RGB (latest firmware and software versions), and the rainbow part doesn't seem to work.

When loading it up, all my keys are unlit bar the brightness toggle key which is lit in white. The emp pulse part does work, it sends a blue light pulsing out from the key as it should, but then the keyboard returns back to all black with the brightness key in white. any ideas? :)

I've just imported this profile to my K65 RGB (latest firmware and software versions), and the rainbow part doesn't seem to work.

When loading it up, all my keys are unlit bar the brightness toggle key which is lit in white. The emp pulse part does work, it sends a blue light pulsing out from the key as it should, but then the keyboard returns back to all black with the brightness key in white. any ideas? :)

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=133248

• 5 months later...

Archived