Corsair Community

H100i RGB Platinum Push Pull Fan RPM

HllCntryHrrcane

I have been running my H100i RGB Platinum with the stock 2 RGB fans in push config. The system is wired accord to the instructions with the system plugged into the CPU Fan Header and HWM turned off. Functionality has been fine, but I will say my 9900k does not like balance fan profile. Extreme works, but max coolant temp is around 32*c currently.

I want to try a push/pull setup to see if I can get some added air flow with reduced rpm. Question...what rpm should these fans max out at? The specs say 2400rpm, but iCue says they are turning 2700 at 100%. Trying to get matching fans for the pull and the ML120 nonRGB show to have a 2400 rpm version, but when I put those in, the stock H100i fans are out spinning them by 300 rpm.

What fans are the H100i RBG Platinums using and odd the specs appear to not be right?

The 300 RPM difference isn't going to make much difference in push/pull. And, unfortunately, the fans that come with that cooler are only available with that cooler. Personally, I'd really like to buy some separately.

BTW ... coolant temp of 32 doesn't sound bad, especially if they are configured as exhaust from the system. Do you know the ambient temp? If exhaust, what's the internal case temp?

I agree. I am setting up a push pull on an H100i and trying to match fan rpms based on coolant temp is not easy. The H100i runs on 100% fans speed and has more programmable nodes compared to a regular fan plugged into the Commander Pro. Trying to correlate this on 2 different fan curves (one for gaming and one for heavy use) is a PIA for sure.

Can you elaborate a bit more what you want to happen? The cooler likely controls your fans on %, while the commander pro will do assigned RPM. In order to get this down, you have to make yourself a little chart for the radiator H100i controlled fans. 50%= xxx rpm, 60%=?, etc. One you have a table, create the curve you want into H100 device. Then you can match it with the Commander Pro by using the RPM side of the table. Fan speeds do NOT need to be exact. As long as you stay within 200 rpm of each other, you are not likely to hear a lot strange noises.

As for the 2700 rpm max, that does seem a bit strange. The normal variance is +-10% (240 rpm) and that would seem outside of it. More to the point, it is really surprising to see an over-extension when faced with radiator resistance. If anything, I would expect it cap out lower, perhaps around 2280-2300. I am not sure what to make of it and unfortunately since those fans are Platinum cooler only, I have not experimented with them and a smaller portion of the community has access to them.

Oh, and 32C is a good coolant temperature. Whether or not the push-pull is beneficial may depend on case and mounting location. Front intake, I would probably go for it. Top exhaust, probably not. It just isn't needed for airflow purposes and it adds a lot of bulk to the top.

Yes, my H100i RGB fans at 100% turn 2900 according to iCue when the ML120 pull fans are running a max 2450. If I have the pull fans set to 0, the push fans turn 2800 according to iCue.

In a stress test like small package OCCT after an hour with all fans turning 100%, my coolant temp is usually around 31-32*C with ambient at around 22-23* currently. This is based on iCue coolant sensor and my home thermostat. I need to get some temp sensors for my Commander Pro still.

Goal is to balance the stock 100i push fans with some pull fans so that I can keep the fan speed down and quieter during gaming. I know push pull does not help a ton, but I have the room and the 2 rad fans are my only intake fans in this small Air 240.

Rad is on the intake front with 2 1600rpm ML120RGB on top for exhaust. Cannot run bottom fans due to interference with the tall GPU.

I have read where others are running a lot more coolant temp, but with my i9 9900k, it is hot. In stress tests, 90* C peak temps on the cores equates to about 31-32* coolant temp.

OK, in the small Air 240, I think you take every fan option you can. If nothing, the interior set is still providing a bit more direct cooling on the internal hardware. Actually, I am even more impressed with your results on the small case. With a room temp of 22/23, you like have an idle coolant temp of 26/27C, so that 32C is a +6C delta on a 240mm radiator with an 8 core heavy on the other side. That is really good.

Obviously the fan speed is a bit much. I do not know why those fans are taking off like that. It seems really out of spec. However, as to the bigger picture and trying to get down from the 90C at the CPU, I don't think you can take any more from the cooler in terms of pump or fan speed. A 6C delta is phenomenal on that set-up. Any further reduction is probably going to have to come on the voltage side (BIOS tweaks) or in the physical conductive properties of the CPU. That would be a delid or magic TIM (if you believe in those things). +60C is quite a coolant to CPU package differential. What clock and frequency are you running? 5.1GHz? About 1.34-1.35v?

I have not try to push 5.1. Just got a 5.0x @ 1.300V in there. Need to look through my pile of stuff for the temp sensors. I probably have them in a box of zip ties somewhere. Lol.

Idle temps are maybe 40s C core temp with maybe 26-27 C coolant temp with the fans throttling down to 40-50%.

So sounds like y’all agreee that I’ve got odd high fan speed on the stock h100i RNB fans and odd low coolant temps. Can’t really let the coolant increase much as I think the core temps will creep too.

Archived