Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 1500V2 Feedback troubleshooting

RyanBrowne

Update-As I wrote this out I think I managed to fix it, but I'll still post the thread in case anyone else is stuck where I was.

I'm hoping I can get some advice on correcting a feedback issue I'm having with my new headset.

Backstory:

I've been using an HS1 headset for a few years and been very satisified with it, but recently the wiring near the volume buttons started to mess up, and I was losing audio to the left ear speaker, figuring my headset was long out of warranty, and a frayed wire not too unusual I figured I'd buy a replacement and it looked like the 1500 was the newer model to go with.

Specs:

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

i5-3570k

4 GB Ram

Nvidia gtx 460

(I can supply more if its needed)

Issue:

The headset seems to playback just fine, I installed the latest drivers (CorsairHeadsetSetup_Release_2.0.26.msi) from the corsair website and it seemingly configured everything successfully.

My problem is with something to do with the microphone and I'm having a hard time nailing down what it is. Even with the mic muted or disabled, its audibly feeding back into the headset (ie microphone muted in windows recording devices, blow into microphone and can hear feedback through headset) Moreover while I'm in recording devices there is a high pitched buzzing that becomes audible, and when I hit the mute button it actually gets louder. Once I close the window the buzzing goes away (or at least becomes inaudible to my ears)

The microphone does pickup my voice when you do an audio test, although it seems to echo, I hear the feedback loop immediately and then the "normal" microphone check play back shortly afterwords.

I've tried uninstalling the corsair drivers and letting windows try its default drivers, that made no difference.

When I install the corsair drivers there does seem to be a buzzing sound in the background that differs from the feedback, when I turn the volume down it decreases, but unless I uninstall the corsair drivers completely there's always a faint buzzing-humm. I'm unsure if that issue is related to the feedback, though it seems more likely driver related since it doesn't happen with windows drivers.

Solution:

With the HS1 you only controlled microphone levels in the recording tab of sound settings, the Vengeance 1500 adds a complication, in the playback tab you open up properties for the headset, and on the levels tab there are 2 new settings: line in and microphone, the microphone setting was what I thought was feedback, and the line in caused the buzzing, once both were muted the headset seems to be working correctly, there were no ways to disable these from the "Corsair Headset Control Panel" software I downloaded.

Now that I've turned those off the headset seems to be working properly, albeit strangely loud (when installing the drivers its maxed at 100% and will cause some serious pain if you don't turn it down quick) and even afterwords I have to set the speakers to 5-10% in windows volume control to not hurt my ears, feels like something is set a little bit to high since I lose most of the detailed volume control, its either too loud or bearable basically.

Anyway, hopefully my experience is useful to someone else, my feedback for the headset so far is still positive other then that I'd like the install and set up to work correctly rather then have me fight through menus to get them working(I can imagine other new users easily getting frustrated and returning the headset)

Archived