Corsair Community

New build, Corsair Link missing a lot of info...

mickprops

Hello all, I just got done building a new PC (my first ever!) Everything has gone (relatively) smoothly until I started messing with Corsair Link.

I currently only have the following information in Corsair Link:

CPU load

GPU Fan speed (and a very very wrong one at that - either shows 0 RPM or constant 20 RPM)

GPU temp

SSD temp

5 different temps labeled 'Gigabyte Motherboard'

Motherboard Fan 0 speed (always at ~2350 rpms, won't change, assuming this is the pump?)

CPU temp

'Integrated USB Bridge' does show up under Devices and Printers

The temperatures look more or less correct and in line with OCCT values.

I'm missing a lot, including the LED controls and the two radiator fans which are what I'd like to fix the most. They do seem to increase/decrease speed as necessary when the CPU is loaded (I ran a normal OCCT large data set test and linpack test for 5-10 minutes and CPU topped out around 45C and 46C respectively with some subtle but noticeable change in fan noise from the radiator fans). I noticed a very brief kind of 'squealing' at one point, it didn't last more than 10 or so seconds and I haven't heard it again. I'm not positive it was coming from the cooler.

TL;DR Cooler itself appears to be functioning correctly

My physical setup is as follows:

Corsair Link USB cable in motherboard USB 2.0 header

Supplied Y cable is connected to cooler, and then to the two radiator fans

Pump is connected to 'CPU FAN' header

SATA power cable connected to PSU SATA connector

I have tried:

1. Connecting the Link cable to both onboard USB 2.0 headers. Each one gives the same information even after installing, uninstalling, reinstalling the latest Corsair Link (v2.7.5361)

2. Motherboard BIOS flashed to the latest BIOS. Still same info.

3. Disabled 'Legacy USB Support' as per the known issues section of the notes on the latest Corsair Link version.. same info.

I see some folks talking about updating the firmware of the pump, but I have been unable to find a way to do so. When I go into Corsair Link and go to Options > Devices the H100i is not listed and I haven't been able to find an actual link to an updated firmware file.

I hope that's enough info to start musing about a solution.. if not I can provide more... for once having built the system myself I actually know quite a bit about it! :laughing: I think I entered the pertinent information about my system when I signed up.

Thanks for your help if you are able to provide some.

Well I went through the registry edit method which appeared to do nothing.. but then I randomly got a notification from Corsair Link as it started after the second time I rebooted asking me if I wanted to update the firmware of my H100i from v1.05 to v1.07

After this update and another reboot my radiator fans, pump rpm, coolant temp and led control were all visible. I tried setting a few fan speeds and they were a little buggy (my one fan didn't want to speed up to maximum) but.. overall things are working. Hooray!

Archived