Corsair Community

Asus K8V Deluxe & 2 GB Corsair?

Alchemist

Due to previous experience with the graphic applications being used, to include 3d rendering, I would like to use 2 GB in an Asus K8V Deluxe motherboard with an Athlon64 3200+. Being a satisfied Corsair memory user, I'd sure like to use Corsair. :): While the [URL=http://www.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock754/k8v/e1421b_k8v_deluxe.pdf]Asus K8V Deluxe manual[/URL] states that the three DIMM slots will support up to 3 GB of DDR, you can only run at DDR400 if just using the first two slots ... if you use all three then you will need to run at DDR333. (pages 2-11 - 2-13) My expertise is limited, but while I am less concerned about CAS Latency, I do [I]much[/I] prefer to run at DDR400 over DDR333, so while 1.5 GB (using three 512 KB modules) might otherwise be a possibility, it would seem I am constrained to using just two DIMM slots, putting me in the hunt for 1 GB modules. Will the Corsair [B]TWINX 2048-3200[/B] work in the [B]Asus K8V Deluxe[/B]? (The K8V manual on p. 2-12 warns that "Stacked RAM and DDR DIMM modules with more than 18 chips are not supported".) Thank you, --Keith

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like I'm in business, thanks RAM Guy! :): I may have to take ASUS's word that two modules in the first two DIMM slots are running at DDR 400, tho. While the AMI BIOS diagrams in the motherboard manual have an illustration with the "Memory CLK" shown, my version of the BIOS (which is the latest), does not show the memory clock speed ... and if they've changed it to a different screen I couldn't locate it. Anyway, using the default settings in the AMI BIOS ("Auto"), I'm up and running with 2 Gig, and no problems so far. :): ASUS K8V Deluxe Corsair TWINX 2048-3200PT AMD Athlon 64 3400+

Archived