Corsair Community

iCUE not detecting RGB PRO after update

189e

Ok so I just got new ram (vengeance rgb pro). Everything was fine until I updated iCUE. After the update, settings for rgb are not detected anymore. But its odd that the dashboard can still read the ram's spec/temps. Any one know what wrong or experiencing the same issue?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue.

Should I start a new thread (or at the very least make a ticket?)

I've uninstalled / Reg-Nuked + Reinstalled ICue at least 3 times now, with full powerdowns / PSU off / Cap drains each time.

I've even re-seated the RAM DIMMS twice.

iCue sometimes displays all 4x of my DIMS on one correct tab, but nothing I do to change lighting actually works.

Sometimes it displays each Dimm in its own tab, or sometimes it only shows 1 or two dimms in a tab, with another single tab of 1x dim, or any other random combination.

At first i was running my system on Linux (Fresh build + install of everything) and the default effects took hold, and looked rather nice.

Then I formatted my hard drive and installed Win10 and iCue and that is when all the trouble actually started, which is pretty ironic.

Am using AsRock X470 Taichi Ultimate with 4x CMW16GX4M2D3000C16 CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 DRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000)

Running them at 3000 with XMP.

I have screenshots and exported logs I can add if that somehow helps.

• Corsair Employee
I'm having the same issue.

Should I start a new thread (or at the very least make a ticket?)

I've uninstalled / Reg-Nuked + Reinstalled ICue at least 3 times now, with full powerdowns / PSU off / Cap drains each time.

I've even re-seated the RAM DIMMS twice.

iCue sometimes displays all 4x of my DIMS on one correct tab, but nothing I do to change lighting actually works.

Sometimes it displays each Dimm in its own tab, or sometimes it only shows 1 or two dimms in a tab, with another single tab of 1x dim, or any other random combination.

At first i was running my system on Linux (Fresh build + install of everything) and the default effects took hold, and looked rather nice.

Then I formatted my hard drive and installed Win10 and iCue and that is when all the trouble actually started, which is pretty ironic.

Am using AsRock X470 Taichi Ultimate with 4x CMW16GX4M2D3000C16 CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 DRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000)

Running them at 3000 with XMP.

I have screenshots and exported logs I can add if that somehow helps.

Start by using one kit at a time and following the troubleshooting you already have. If you still have issues, submit a ticket.

-Art

Small update:

Today in iCue i saw an update notification and saw a firmware update was available for my RAM, so I went ahead and installed that. Immediatly after all my RAM dimms synched to a steady-orange color, so I suppose thats a step in the right direction. Will report back later after restarting.

Tho its still reporting the Firmware version as V.?

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't matter if they're showing now, in a few restarts they probably won't be detected again. I've been battling this issue since day one. iCue detects them a couple of boot ups, then it doesn't. I always have to do a repair install to get iCue to detect them again. I should've just stuck with my 3200 LPX...

I mean how hard is it, for these experts, to get their hardware to work with their software. If anything they should put a disclaimer on all their products saying " You will definitely run into detection/usability issues using our products with our software". At least consumers will know beforehand that these issues will frequently happen.

I know Corsair isn't the only company with RGB issues because I heard ASUS RGB software is crap too, but still, this is ridiculous. This RAM isn't the only Corsair hardware I've had issues with when it comes to Cue and/or iCue either.

Guys/Gals, I'm having the same issues:

I have 32GB of CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro (4 x 8GB) 2666 (PC4 21300) Model CMW32GX4M4A2666C16 running fine in XMP on an AsRock X470 Taichi.

iCue will randomly detect one or two sticks of the memory, but the RGB's cannot be accessed to change the settings.

SPD Write is not an option for this motherboard. I have reached out to ASRock for their thoughts and they told me point blank that I need to use iCue. So not much help there.

I have no other software installed that deals with controlling RGB lighting.

I even went so far as to do an advanced RMA through Corsair and guess what, with the new memory sticks installed, the same exact thing is occuring. I cannot control the RGBs and all four sticks are stuck in their own lighting profile without any way to change it.

Is there a compatibility issue with the iCue software and the X470 series? Has anyone had any luck getting the current version of iCue to work on their X470 motherboards or on an X470 Taichi?

• Corsair Employee
Guys/Gals, I'm having the same issues:

I have 32GB of CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro (4 x 8GB) 2666 (PC4 21300) Model CMW32GX4M4A2666C16 running fine in XMP on an AsRock X470 Taichi.

iCue will randomly detect one or two sticks of the memory, but the RGB's cannot be accessed to change the settings.

SPD Write is not an option for this motherboard. I have reached out to ASRock for their thoughts and they told me point blank that I need to use iCue. So not much help there.

I have no other software installed that deals with controlling RGB lighting.

I even went so far as to do an advanced RMA through Corsair and guess what, with the new memory sticks installed, the same exact thing is occuring. I cannot control the RGBs and all four sticks are stuck in their own lighting profile without any way to change it.

Is there a compatibility issue with the iCue software and the X470 series? Has anyone had any luck getting the current version of iCue to work on their X470 motherboards or on an X470 Taichi?

With X470 there shouldn't be an issue, that's weird. Add a reply to your ticket so we can look into flashing firmware.

• Corsair Employee
Just a quick update if anyone with an X470 Taichi stumbles across this. iCue works flawlessly with BIOS version 1.35A. If you update the BIOS to 1.50 or Beta 1.52, iCue will not work and your LED's will not be controllable.

Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

New to the forums and just finished a Ryzen 7 build using the X470 TaiChi. I have a similar kit, except it's the PC3200 version (CMW32GX4M4C3200C14). My system is exhibiting the same problem. ICUE sees the sticks but can't control the RGB. However, if I downgrade the BIOS to ver 1.35, it works fine. Just a FYI.

I may return my motherboard for something else.

i too am have issues with brand new rgb pro ram. i have a gigabyte ax370 mobo with no option for SPD enabling in bios. the ram sticks were stock rainbow and i was unable to change the colour. after a few restarts and opening/closing icue. one is rainbow pulse while the other is just going every colour on every led node...

all firmware and icue is updated. no other rgb controller apps.

I'm also having issues with the software not detecting one ram at a time and when it does I'm not able to change the rgbs on it. It just stay an unpleasant rainbow which the colors don't fade in with each other.

i too am have issues with brand new rgb pro ram. i have a gigabyte ax370 mobo with no option for SPD enabling in bios. the ram sticks were stock rainbow and i was unable to change the colour. after a few restarts and opening/closing icue. one is rainbow pulse while the other is just going every colour on every led node...

Can both of you check with Gigabyte regarding SPD write support for your particular motherboards? This needs to be enabled for iCue (or any control software, really) to control the RGB on the memory sticks. If that's not supported on your motherboard, there really isn't anything that Corsair can do, unfortunately.

• Corsair Employee

I've seen previous bios versions on many motherboards give the lighting recognition/control back.

-Art

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
I also have the exact same issue. Close icue from task manager then restart it again will detect the rams, but otherwise won’t be visible in icue and no lights either. SPD is enabled

Did you also try other bios versions?

-Art

Archived