Corsair Community

How to make CMSX16GX3M2B2133C11 work on my laptop?

cuser

I have recently bought the above kit which was supposed to bring the best of an ageing HP 8570p with integrated video /which uses system memory and therefore I opted for what seemed to be the best on the market - 2x8GB 2133MHz DDR3 SODIMM in order to improve video processing/. However, although it was advertised to auto overclock it doesn't want to start - I have a blinking Num lock and Caps lock x3 times which indicates memory issue. However, the memory itself seems to be OK, as it starts together with the old laptop memory at 1333MHz and passes short BIOS test /17 min/. But when I try to run it on its own laptop fails to start. I would have expected it to at lease start at lower frequency but it keeps getting stuck during post. Any ideas how to make it work will be appreciated.

Looks like that 16GB kit is not listed under our memory configurator for that Laptop model, http://www2.corsair.com/configurator/new_configurator_corsair_custom.aspx?sc=&id=5091860.

I would recommend that you send that kit back and have it swapped for the kit linked above.

I've just noticed that I've got the model number wrongly and have corrected it to CMSX16GX3M2B2133C1 in the title /I've used HWInfo to get that number/.

Thanks for the link but I'm afraid I can not return the item. What makes me wonder is why doesn't it want to run at 1600 MHz as it has the setting in SPD and if started with another lower frequency mode it runs at the lower frequency without issues at all /currently 8GB 2133MHz memory stick runs along with the old 4GB memory at 1333 MHz but I'm afraid I am not using the benefits of dual channel/. The laptop itself has been proven to work with 1866 MHz memory which motivated me to try to go higher but it didn't worked in this case. What I was thinking was wouldn't it be possible to force laptop to go with 1600 MHz setting as per SPD since the timings seem to be identical with the timings of the memory that you are pointing at just the voltage is different /flashing of memory if such thing exist/ or is there any other method of making it go at 1600MHz apart from buying another 8GB memory stick and taking the loss of not using the other one 2133 that I have bought as a part of a pair?

Memory itself has multiple frequencies alowable as per SPD starting from 1066 and going up to 2133MHz.

Archived