Corsair Community

3.4.95 CPU Usage increases with every device

okk1980

Hi,

I own a K95 Platinum, the Commander Pro with an ML140, a lightning pro with 4 strips a MMM800c and since yesterday a ST100.

I had a permanent CPU usage of around 8% with 3.4.95. The lightning I select seem not to make a difference. Even if I remove all lightning effects it is the same usage.

Yesterday I connected the ST100 and the CPU usage increased to 13-15% permanently.

So just adding the ST100 doubles the permanent usage of the CPU. disconnecting the ST100 it will imidiately down to 8%.

So I already believe 8% cpu is a lot but having 13-15% just to have a nice looking stand seems some how to be to drasticall when you want your pc to have all resources for gaming.

Is there something wrong on my side?

Is it the current state of icue and there are optimizations planned?

Or is this the performance required that are acceptable by corsair?

Where are you getting your CPU reading from? Can you provide a screenshot? It does seem rather high. I get between 1-2% from the Corsair.Service. Is it the Corsair.service giving the high CPU reading or CUE.exe?

I see it in the task manager - see screenshot. Thx for your support!

All services are 0% just the exe is having utilization

1.thumb.jpg.cc25fdc12efe6881d634b765449de7b6.jpg

I see it in the task manager - see screenshot. Thx for your support!

All services are 0% just the exe is having utilization

Can you confirm the version of iCue you are using via iCue? There was a bad CPU usage bug, in the previous version of iCue.

There are some guys (Zotty & DevBiker) with similar setups and more, including the ST100. I don't think they have had any issues, nor have I heard anyone else complain about this. Maybe one of them can pipe in.

Corsair has had a very good track record of releasing patches about once a month to fix issues and add some new features. Granted some bugs can get created in this process. Bear in mind that developing software for a PC were there is a huge variation of hardware and operating systems is vastly more complex than developing on something more closed and consistent than Apple's iOS.

Rest assured there is no way they would let the CPU usage stay at that high.

I completly uninstalled icue yesterday with all settings and installed newest version that i downloaded fresh.

It shows 3.4.95 in the icue settings.

See screenshot.

:(

Are you sure your firmware is update to date on your devices? Also do me a favor and unplug both the mm800 and the st100. No one else has this issue that I have seen of I have K70, CoPro, and a LNP all attached to my system.

Does it persist though different instant modes?

How about when the tool is minimized, are you seeing a constant 8-15% from your CPU? I am only getting about 2% w/ a 8600k OC'ed to 5Ghz.

I'm seeing iCue at 2-3% and the service at 5-8% ... not at all like what you are seeing.

And if you look at my system specs, I have a LOT of Corsair devices.

Can you export your logs?

In his screen shot, he does have debugging disabled, so he will have to turn it back on. Just for kicks, I disabled it to see if there was some bug there, though I couldn't replicate it with that scenario.

Is the iCUE program 10%+ each and every time? Or does it just do this on occasion? I see CAM in the background. While low CPU usage in the screen shot, it is trying to access the same information as iCUE. It is not uncommon for this to cause one or the other to go bonkers and get stuck. Aura is another one to watch out for. Just found it sucking down 12% on mine just now, for not particular reason.

As c-attack has said, other programs that read your hardware can cause issues. I'm not sure it would cause the high cpu usage though. It could be stuck (which is what conflict programs can do) but at 13% in the first place seems strange..

@okk1980 Do you use Asus AI Suite software by any chance? I would suggest closing off any programs like CAM that read your hardware and see if there is a change. Otherwise it's possible that a CPU bug has been carried over from the previous release that your the first to discover...

Are you sure your firmware is update to date on your devices? Also do me a favor and unplug both the mm800 and the st100. No one else has this issue that I have seen of I have K70, CoPro, and a LNP all attached to my system.

Does it persist though different instant modes?

How about when the tool is minimized, are you seeing a constant 8-15% from your CPU? I am only getting about 2% w/ a 8600k OC'ed to 5Ghz.

All components are on latest firmware but I addtionally forced all to update again with the latest firmware.

Yes it persists also with instant lightning.

The 13-15% CPU usage is the app is in tray only mode and also minized or open. no difference on usage. I have a 7600k at 4.9Ghz

Disconecting the MM800c and ST100 drops cpu to 1-2%!

So the MM800 is adding around 5% on connection permanently and the ST100 too.

Same here. Corsair Service uses ~20% of CPU. iCUE 3.4.95, K70 LUX. I found tepmporary solution - in ProcessExplorer in CorsairService's properties suspend thread that using CPU. Any1 have an idea how to fix it?

All components are on latest firmware but I addtionally forced all to update again with the latest firmware.

Yes it persists also with instant lightning.

The 13-15% CPU usage is the app is in tray only mode and also minized or open. no difference on usage. I have a 7600k at 4.9Ghz

Disconecting the MM800c and ST100 drops cpu to 1-2%!

So the MM800 is adding around 5% on connection permanently and the ST100 too.

Now that I know that the CPU utilization is caused by connecting the MM800 and the ST100 is there an option to solve it?

Currently I leave them now unplugged but its an bad option when they are just bought because of rgb lightning :)

Corsair Utility Engine asked me to download the update to 3.4.95. I did so and also noticed increased CPU usage over my last version of CUE. Before it was like nothing, 0.01-0.02%. Now it's 0.2% with only one Corsair device. That's just the iCUE.exe. Corsair Service was chewing up even more CPU, 1.5%, for seemingly nothing.

Back on CUE 1.x or 2.x, if I used any lighting effects that aren't just plain solid color, then my CPU usage on the program would go up to this 0.20% or more. Now on iCUE even with static color, it's always higher than it was before. Something is clearly chewing up CPU cycles for nothing and it is really obnoxious. Makes me want to uninstall the program altogether. If I am using a static lighting effect and I am not actively using any macros, iCUE should be at 0.00% CPU usage!!! It should be totally idle! Not this combined almost 2% CPU usage on a very fast i7 7700k.

Corsair Utility Engine asked me to download the update to 3.4.95. I did so and also noticed increased CPU usage over my last version of CUE. Before it was like nothing, 0.01-0.02%. Now it's 0.2% with only one Corsair device. That's just the iCUE.exe. Corsair Service was chewing up even more CPU, 1.5%, for seemingly nothing.

Back on CUE 1.x or 2.x, if I used any lighting effects that aren't just plain solid color, then my CPU usage on the program would go up to this 0.20% or more. Now on iCUE even with static color, it's always higher than it was before. Something is clearly chewing up CPU cycles for nothing and it is really obnoxious. Makes me want to uninstall the program altogether. If I am using a static lighting effect and I am not actively using any macros, iCUE should be at 0.00% CPU usage!!! It should be totally idle! Not this combined almost 2% CPU usage on a very fast i7 7700k.

I wish they would not force update people from CUE 2 to iCUE, but this is also why you should be careful using any in application update feature. Know what you are getting into.

iCUE is a total system monitoring tool in addition to its functions for controlling both peripherals and internal devices. 2% is not a lot of CPU resources and I would suggest you compare this to any other monitoring programs like AIDA or HWINFO. Most of the problems in this thread relate to specific devices causing a large increase in CPU usage, sometimes as high as 15-25%. Obviously that is a problem. The task manager only shows tenths of percentages and prior CUE 2 usage was likely 0.1-0.2%, with no monitoring and far less things to account for.

The program cannot sit dormant and not do anything until you push a button. If it did that, you would have wonderful amount of latency on every action. So no, it can't be 0.0% and 0MB Memory usage and then only turn on when you require an action, at least not in a usable sense.

If the only device you have is the keyboard, you may want to go back to CUE 2. There is no gain for you by moving to iCUE at this time. However, if you did not back up your profiles before updating, you are going be in trouble. You cannot change them back into CUE 2 profiles after the conversion to iCUE. You would have to re-create them or re-import them.

I wish they would not force update people from CUE 2 to iCUE, but this is also why you should be careful using any in application update feature. Know what you are getting into.

iCUE is a total system monitoring tool in addition to its functions for controlling both peripherals and internal devices. 2% is not a lot of CPU resources and I would suggest you compare this to any other monitoring programs like AIDA or HWINFO. Most of the problems in this thread relate to specific devices causing a large increase in CPU usage, sometimes as high as 15-25%. Obviously that is a problem. The task manager only shows tenths of percentages and prior CUE 2 usage was likely 0.1-0.2%, with no monitoring and far less things to account for.

The program cannot sit dormant and not do anything until you push a button. If it did that, you would have wonderful amount of latency on every action. So no, it can't be 0.0% and 0MB Memory usage and then only turn on when you require an action, at least not in a usable sense.

If the only device you have is the keyboard, you may want to go back to CUE 2. There is no gain for you by moving to iCUE at this time. However, if you did not back up your profiles before updating, you are going be in trouble. You cannot change them back into CUE 2 profiles after the conversion to iCUE. You would have to re-create them or re-import them.

I went back to CUE 2 and have the same high CPU usage. I am wondering if it's the firmware update to my corsair keyboard, mouse etc......

I went back to CUE 2 and have the same high CPU usage. I am wondering if it's the firmware update to my corsair keyboard, mouse etc......

I am on CUE 2 and Link right now. My CUE 2 usage runs between 0.1-0.3%. Do you see more than that?

I replaced now my mm800c with an logitech powerplay and bought an g903. RGB is not as cool as on the corsair. But I can connect it and it is working without adding alot cpu usage.

So for keyboards corsair seems to work very good from hardware and software perspective. Also the commander pro and ligtning node pro seems to be good from my experience. But other componenets seem to be not so mature and maybe not so in the focus. The ST100 is also now degraded to a unconnected headphone stand.

Archived