Corsair Community

Commander Pro - different fan sets

Uridium

Main Question - how do i setup Commander with two different types of fans, plus some led strips?

Full info.

What i want to setup to the Commander Pro -

3 x LL Fans (2 top and 1 back of the box) (these came with node & controller)

2 x ML fans (front intake - slightly hidden) came with the radiator

LED strips (one or two for extra box lighting) (not purchased yet)

Ideally the strips and ML fans will be performing separate color stuff than the LL fans are.

My thoughts are having the ML&Strips performing a solid color glow, while the LLs are more active with showcase effects.

SO, my main question is how i can set the above up with Commander and the iCue software and what do i need to make this happen?

My thanks in advance!!!!

Uridium

You will need 2 RGB LED controller/hubs (the ones that let you connect 6 fans for RGB) and a Lighting Node Pro. You connect the LL fans to RGB hub 1 and the ML fans to RGB hub 2. RGB hub 1 gets connected to the LNP's lighting channel 1. The LNP gets connected to the Commander Pro with it's USB 2.0 header. RGB hub 2 gets connected to the CP on lighting channel 1 and the LED strips connected to lighting channel 2.

You can switch around which exact fans you connect to which exact device etc.

You will need 2 RGB LED controller/hubs (the ones that let you connect 6 fans for RGB) and a Lighting Node Pro. You connect the LL fans to RGB hub 1 and the ML fans to RGB hub 2. RGB hub 1 gets connected to the LNP's lighting channel 1. The LNP gets connected to the Commander Pro with it's USB 2.0 header. RGB hub 2 gets connected to the CP on lighting channel 1 and the LED strips connected to lighting channel 2.

You can switch around which exact fans you connect to which exact device etc.

This is exactly what I needed... thanks Subbie.

Archived