Corsair Community

TX750M Power Boot issue.

ENGINEER_H4RR7

Hi, I just finished my first build and noticed something strange when booting. After turning on the power supply from the back and pressing on the power button, the computer will turn on for a few seconds, turn on for about 3 seconds, and then boot up normally. Then it works fine for hours.

This behavior is odd. The computer will boot up normally when turning it on again without the power supply being off.

I think that the power supply is drawing more power than ratted on that first boot after being plugged in.

My specs are

Asus x470-Pro

TX 750M power supply

6 ML 120 Fans

H60 AIO

Ryzen 2600x CPU

Radeon 7 GPU

Corsair gaming keyboard and mouse

Force Series 300 M.2 120Gb SSD

Seagate Baracuda 2TB HDD

PS: I also got an error message about my SSD being missing when booting my computer on the 3rd day morning, but after resting the power supply, it booted again, but still had that power loss in the beginning. Doing some research has also confirmed that the power supply is at fault.

windows has a memory test, it can be accessed via msconfig

I figured it out. Had the my SSD m.2 PCI-e 3x2 card plugged in the PCI-e 3.4 card slot. Did not think that would have been a problem, but it was. Now it boots properly after a couple of tries.

But now, my LANPCI-e 1_3 card slot doesn't work cayuse it shares contacts with the M.2 PCI-e 3x2 slot. It is the way ASUS x470-Pro is designed.

But thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Archived