Corsair Community

Multiple keyboard and mouse problems...

kyledean99

Alright so, I bought a refurbished K65 RGB and a refurbished Scimitar last week and they came today. I'm sufferingwith afew hardware problems.

1) The spacebar is f****d:

I find that when I press the space key, it only registers about a third of the time. I removed the spacebar keycap as well as a few others to compare. I've found that the spacebar switch depresses EVER so slightly easier than others, but more importantly that it has to be pushed down considerably further (practically all the way) for a keystroke to register. Of course, when typing with all keycaps connected, if I press the spacebar anywhere slightly off centre of the switch, I'll get nothing, and if I press it dead on the switch, it still won't always work (or will occasionally do so twice). Does anyone have a solution to this, or should I just return the item and get a replacement?

2) The scroll wheel is f****d, albeit less f****d than the spacebar:

Sometimes I'll be scrolling through my Facebook feed and the scroll won't move the screen. It earlier also froze at one point when I clicked in the scroller button, leaving me helplessly falling past things I wanted to see. This is relatively minor, but still irritating.

Any help/advice would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Archived