Corsair Community

Force 115 GB SSD not performing well?

blackphoenix

I have the Force 115gb SSD connected to my Gigabyte GA770-UD3 AM2+/AM3 motherboard. The sata ports are via AMD's SB700.

I'm not 100% certain I'm getting performance as I should.

I've compared my AS SSD benchmarks to many review sites and my numbers seem low.

This is my boot drive, so I would assume numbers would be a little lower given my OS is running on it, but does this seem normal?

I have attached my results. The closet thing I can compare it to is a review for the 120gb version.

http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1338/corsair_as-ssd1.jpg

My Seq read seems good, but the write is over 50% lower

My 4K read is lower and the 4k write is nearly 2/3rds lower

My 4K-64Thrd read is 50% lower and write is over 50% lower

Access times seem close enough.

Any idea what gives?

Thanks!

myforce115gb.jpg.2f3bfe0e71c088e444cf94ec4d89e4a8.jpg

Forgot to mention that my firmware, according to AS SSD Benchmark and Crystal Disk Image is 2.1A.

I fired up the firmware updater (not to update the firmware yet just to further confirm the version) but it would scan and have no drives found. I rebooted and confirmed I'm in AHCI mode and reran the tool as an administrator but scans for a moment or two and then no drives found.

Again, this is off an AMD Southbridge 700, I also tried disabling CoolNQuiet/C1E as a few other forums mentioned performance issues with those enabled.

Still no good.

Please use the ATTO benchmark utility and post the results back here. But from the looks of it your AS screenshot looks pretty good. The AMD southbridge is not quite as fast as the ICH and the F-115 is about 5 MB/sec slower than the F-120 on both reads and writes, but the access times are about the same and it consumes less power I believe (?).

Archived