Corsair Community

Problem with the Config program crashing

PopoWRX

So, just got the Corsair HS1 yesterday, been really awesome. The Dolby Headphone is really awesome in games (I play World of Warcraft). Tried it in music and really liked it, from movie trailer music (Two Steps from Hell) to rock (Metallica) to rap (Eminem). The only complaint I have is the treble is somewhat harsh without adjustments (And even that doesn't fully fix it).

The best headphones I've ever had, though I have yet to have some really audiophile headphones (high-end Sennheisers or beyers/audiotechnica etc.), they are at least a lot better then the Turtle Beach HPA2's it replaced. The virtual surround feature is working a lot better then the "real" 5.1 the HPA2 was giving me.

That being said, the config program keeps on crashing on me in Windows 7 64-bit. After startup, everything works fine but after it goes to the tray and I try to access it, it crashes.

Anyway to access the program from Windows without resorting to restarting my computer? I try searching for it in Start-search and finding it but it won't start. I'm really happy with it but this is rather annoying.

I too have been experiencing this problem, Windows 7 64bit Home Premium,

I've attached a DxDiag as well as a 64-bit version, however that may help

and a log of all the running processes at the event of the crash

Oh and I tried right clicking as third post suggests and it still crashes

Unplugging and replugging does fix it though

DxDiag.txt

DxDiag64.txt

processes.txt

Same problem here running Win 7 Home Premium. I can access the config from the tray once but usually a second or third time will crash it. Also, I checked the website to see if I could download the driver for the HS1 and can't find it. Anyone else able to find it? Don't mean to hijack the thread but this does appear to be a driver issue.

Here's the error:

Faulting application name: rundll32.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc637

Faulting module name: CAHS1.dll, version: 2.0.1.5, time stamp: 0x4c6b77e6

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0005c0f5

Faulting process id: 0x3d8

Faulting application start time: 0x01cb6fcf28b9ca27

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWow64\CAHS1.dll

Report Id: 67906a1d-dbc2-11df-a2dd-001a4d407cbd

• 3 weeks later...
Faulting application name: rundll32.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc637

Faulting process id: 0x1448

Faulting application start time: 0x01cb7dd596d5d6a7

Report Id: d48afcd1-e9c8-11df-8732-c7c719e7c5ec

The utility's crashing on my computer as well.

I do not have another computer to test it on, but I'll try removing all my other audio device and such. Besides my HS1, I'm using a Boss Usb Audio Interface (I belive it's the UA-5).

I'll also try to fill out my system config more accurately.

EDIT: Automagically works when disabling all other audio devices. Guess that's a work around for now :)

The utility's crashing on my computer as well.

I do not have another computer to test it on, but I'll try removing all my other audio device and such. Besides my HS1, I'm using a Boss Usb Audio Interface (I belive it's the UA-5).

I'll also try to fill out my system config more accurately.

EDIT: Automagically works when disabling all other audio devices. Guess that's a work around for now :)

I've disabled my other devices and it works as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

HS1 was shorting out on me, got RMA, received replacement a few days ago and now have this same issue...

tried uninstalling HS1 software, d/l from link on left of these forums, installing, restarting and no change.

here's my event log

Faulting process id: 0x1158

Faulting application start time: 0x01cc7a6015752db4

Report Id: 54676c62-e653-11e0-90b8-4061862bd571

Edit: Plugged HS1 in to another USB port and it works for me.

Same problem here running Win 7 Home Premium. I can access the config from the tray once but usually a second or third time will crash it. Also, I checked the website to see if I could download the driver for the HS1 and can't find it. Anyone else able to find it? Don't mean to hijack the thread but this does appear to be a driver issue.

If you go to this link ....

http://www.corsair.com/pc-computer-audio/gaming-headsets/gaming-audio-series-hs1-usb-gaming-headset.html

Theen click on FAQ's and Support

The Drivers are at the bottom of the page....Can't direct link to this page for some reason!

Archived