Corsair Community

My RAM stopped working.

roman12

i'm from argentina Buenos aires and i will tell my problem. so i bought my vengeance led ram 2x8 3000hz 4 months ago. they were working normally but one day i noticed one of them didnt change its color. I thought it was a corsair link problem but i decided to check how were they working. there it said that i only had 8gb so one them wasnt working. i changed their places in the mother but it still didnt work. whats the problem? please help . sorry about my english

If your system is only showing 8GB of RAM then chances are one of the two sticks of RAM (the one that isn't changing color) has failed, and since you purchased them only 4 months ago you should go through the RMA process to claim for warranty repair/replacement. All Corsair RAM comes with a limited lifetime warranty.

If you really want to try and troubleshoot your RAM, one would need additional information regarding your system, including make/model of system components, OS edition, usage condition (if any components were ever overclocked and to what settings), and the version of Corsair-Link (or other RGB control apps you use), before one can suggest things you can try on your own.

If your system is only showing 8GB of RAM then chances are one of the two sticks of RAM (the one that isn't changing color) has failed, and since you purchased them only 4 months ago you should go through the RMA process to claim for warranty repair/replacement. All Corsair RAM comes with a limited lifetime warranty.

If you really want to try and troubleshoot your RAM, one would need additional information regarding your system, including make/model of system components, OS edition, usage condition (if any components were ever overclocked and to what settings), and the version of Corsair-Link (or other RGB control apps you use), before one can suggest things you can try on your own.

Thank you for your help, but here in Argentina there arent official Corsair shops so i have to travel to the US again. Here the price of the memory is lik 250 dollar so RIP.

• Corsair Employee
Thank you for your help, but here in Argentina there arent official Corsair shops so i have to travel to the US again. Here the price of the memory is lik 250 dollar so RIP.

Just create a ticket if replacement is needed, we can do a replacement but shipping charges do apply.

Archived