Corsair Community

RGB Scimitar not working after latest update

Senorb0ss

A day or 2 ago there was a firmware update for the scimitar. After the update, my side keys stopped working.

A little list of things I've done;

-Checked to see if all keys are still programmed, they are.

-Right clicked CUE from task tray and selected profile

-Closed and reopened CUE

-Unplugged and plugged back in

-Restarted (not 100% fix, only works sometimes)

Does anyone have a FOR SURE fix for this?

Firmware version: 2.0.4

Bootloader version: 0.02

I'm sorry to hear you have been affected by this horrible epidemic that seems to be spreading at a slow rate. This however, was not in cause of the firmware update and has been an ongoing situation since the initial launch of the mouse. Unfortunately, Corsair is not able to replicate this issue, so determining a solution has somewhat turned into wishful thinking at this point. Here are two other threads that have been started with other customers who share the same fate.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=152041&page=8

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=157387

All we can do is hope. The only known solution I've been able to find is either putting your computer to sleep and then waking it up, restarting, or shutting down. Ironically the solutions to fix the problem is also when the problem presents itself.

Well I came here to complain about my scimitar too. I'm glad/upset to see that I'm not the only one.

Mine will randomly just lock up. All the keys stop working and the LED's will freeze on w/e color they were currently on. The mouse pointer will be really jittery too. I can resolve it by killing off CUE or unplugging the mouse but its a constant issue since I got it.

I originally got the M65 Pro and Scimitar because I couldn't decide which would be better for me but ended up returning the M65 because of its weight and shape. So at one point I had both plugged in. The M65 has no issues at all. I thought maybe the Scimitar was just having issues because two mice were plugged in but even after just using one the scimitar still does this.

I've also had to repair cue a few times in the last few days because it will alert me that macros aren't working which they dont.

So what gives. From what I've found recently, it seems like these issues have been present for a long time. With no fix I'm about to return the mouse and look elsewhere.

Well I came here to complain about my scimitar too. I'm glad/upset to see that I'm not the only one.

Mine will randomly just lock up. All the keys stop working and the LED's will freeze on w/e color they were currently on. The mouse pointer will be really jittery too. I can resolve it by killing off CUE or unplugging the mouse but its a constant issue since I got it.

I originally got the M65 Pro and Scimitar because I couldn't decide which would be better for me but ended up returning the M65 because of its weight and shape. So at one point I had both plugged in. The M65 has no issues at all. I thought maybe the Scimitar was just having issues because two mice were plugged in but even after just using one the scimitar still does this.

I've also had to repair cue a few times in the last few days because it will alert me that macros aren't working which they dont.

So what gives. From what I've found recently, it seems like these issues have been present for a long time. With no fix I'm about to return the mouse and look elsewhere.

Which CUE build are you using, and are you running the latest firmware, have you tried different USB ports. they cant fix it when no one gives more info and just complains.

Which CUE build are you using, and are you running the latest firmware, have you tried different USB ports. they cant fix it when no one gives more info and just complains.

Thats fair.

I am running CUE 2.5.66 and v. 2.04 which as of right now appears to be the latest version.

I have tried different USB ports. I've tried USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, both on the motherboard and on the front of the case.

Now with that out of the way, I have seen a number of valuable threads with people uploading error logs and trying RMA'd mice but still experiencing similar issues. I want to love this mouse and corsairs gaming peripherals but I don't want a dud of a product either.

Archived