Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 2100 buzzing while charging + microphone boom down

Vennekilde

I just got the v2100 yesterday and i can say it is a great improvement to my old logitech 930

But i'v ran into a problem when it comes to charging it.

When i start charging it, it will make a very loud buzzing noise and it will only go away (while charging) if the microphone boom is up.

This buzzing noise cannot only be heard by me, but it is even louder for the people listening to my microphone.

Turning the volume on the microphone does not change the volume of the buzzing sound on my end though, only on the receiving end.

My guess would be that the microphone is always on to try and make it sound like i don't have a headset on (just my guess)

I'v tried grounding my computer, but it didn't seem to do anything, the only thing that have helped so far, was connecting the computer to myself (i was not grounded) and it would get lowered significantly.

I'v also charged it through my laptop (while it wasn't plugged in) and it was fine, until the laptop got plugged into the power outlet and it immediately started with the buzzing sound.

But yeah, this issue kinda makes them useless while charging when it comes to online play with friends. So any suggestions would be great!

Same problem here unfortunately. Bought the headset today and I love it but this is a big problem for me because I can't use it while it's charging. I've read people had same problem with the 2000 model as well. Touching the metal case of my computer helps but interestingly, if I touch the mic and case at the same time problem is there again. I will try on laptop to see if it persists, I can even try at another location if needed.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Sorry for bumping this thread, but the problem still seems to be here, have that same problem with buzzing while the charger is plugged in. But for some reason it is much more quiet if i am touching the case of the computer the charger is plugged into, and much louder if i touch the microphone itself.

• 2 weeks later...
It's a design fault. The charging part of the headset should have been put in the right cup away from the mike. In the current design form, the mike, battery and charging circuits are too close together causing interference when the mike is on (aka lowered boom).

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived