Corsair Community

TX750V2 Fan motor noise

spikexp

I have a problem with my TX750V2. When the fan come to the point of turning, it doesn't start spinning it just move back and forth 2mm. That cause a noise that go over all my other computer fan and even my noisy hard-drive.

I already did everything in the sticky about noisy PSU.

Right now I'm force to run furmark to make the fan spin fully.

The PSU is new, just install it in new system.

Any way to information on this?

That is normal operation for the fan , but it shouldn't be THAT loud. If you can return it to your reseller for an exchange that would be the best place to start.

If they can not or will not help you then please use the link on the left to request an RMA.

• Corsair Employee

That is actually normal the fan is controlled by load and temp and at about 40% Load there may not be quite enough load to run it on all the way and because it pulses the Voltage at low loads the fan may display that behavior.

But if the noise is so loud you can hear it about all of the other fan noise I would suggest replacing the unit under an RMA.

• 3 weeks later...

Just received a new one from RMA with memoryexpress (where I bought it). A new sealed one.

It does the same whining/buzzing sound as the old one.

I really hope it's not the normal PSU sound, I can't possibly keep that near me.

I want to know more about this, is it suppose to be that loud of a sound? It's the kind of sound that goes over everything, it's such a high pinch noise.

It's the second time I have to redo all my cable management in my 692.

What you hear is coil whine, which happens across pretty much all the TX series I have used for customers. And NO it's not normal and a good power supply shouldn't do that.

I have posted about this issue on the forum and was ignored. Look at the front page it's filled with people complaining about coil whine.

What you hear is coil whine, which happens across pretty much all the TX series I have used for customers. And NO it's not normal and a good power supply shouldn't do that.

I have posted about this issue on the forum and was ignored. Look at the front page it's filled with people complaining about coil whine.

Does coil whine appear when the fan tries to turn?

• Corsair Employee

whitereflection

I am sorry but if your post was ignored it was likely just an over site not intentional, post a link to your post or post your case number I will see you get taken care of as best we can.

spikexp,

I am sorry that happened and no that is not normal but Coil wine can be caused by many things and it not be the PSU. Sop we need to identify the issue correctly before we can advise the route to get it solved.

Hi.

I sent a new mail to the store I bought it from, wanting to know if they can replace it with a higher-end unit even through my original purchase is more than 30 days ago.

I will look open a corsair RMA if they can't do anything for me.

Other people seem to report noise from the chicony model. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-139-021&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

Forgetting the people that say the fan doesn't spin (which is normal), there are some that report about "high pitch tone" and "grinding noise".

The chicony unit doesn't seem to have any review on the web, did the fan got changed from the seasonic build?

Well, I will come back when I have a response from memoryexpress.

Thank you for the help.

• 1 month later...

So, some feedback.

The tx750 was confirmed having a problem and I manage to get it change for an AX760 (paid extra for it).

So, I got an AX760 for ultimate silence, and now I have a PSU with an electrical whining noise (keep going with computer closed and all). I need to close the PSU with the switch at night.

I gave it a try, hoping it would go away. It's been around 20 days, still going strong.

I made an RMA with corsair this time (enough bothering Memory Express) asking if prepaid shipping and advance RMA was possible, but it seem like the process is automated or something (didn't had any answer on my question).

I really don't want to be without my computer for another month, my watercooling (swiftech h220) should be coming in soon and I want my full computer to play with it.

I explained all the trouble I had with corsair PSU this year.

My case number is #5720984, can anything be done?

• Corsair Employee
Spike - It is best to give customer service a call and let them what you have to go through to get this issue resolve. I am pretty sure they can work something out for you to avoid down time. You are also welcome to discuss shipping terms.

Archived